This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Kubuntu !

Just wanted to say a big Thanks for helping me get rid of Windows for good! Have been checking out quite a few Linux Distro's over the last couple of weeks and came across Kubuntu a couple of days ago. Have to say it's the BEST Linux Distro available. Very happy with it. Leaves a lot of the others for dead. Great list of included programs and definately the BEST customizable Desktop Environment of them all! Love it! Installed Kubuntu on my Desktop and Laptop. Goodbye Windows.....For Ever

Hello PeterG!

Thanks for the very nice comment!

I'm sure that others will be by to say hello also!

And...........please do not be a stranger! We love to have enthusiastic users lurking around!

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Welcome PeterG to the wonderful world of free computing (free meaning you can do whatever you want with your computer). You mentioned you tried several distros before deciding on Kubuntu, I'm interested in exactly what distros you did try because I know there are some very good distros out there along with Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
        Welcome PeterG to the wonderful world of free computing (free meaning you can do whatever you want with your computer). You mentioned you tried several distros before deciding on Kubuntu, I'm interested in exactly what distros you did try because I know there are some very good distros out there along with Kubuntu.

First I tried Ubuntu (didn't like the Unity Desktop, no start menu), Then Fedora (no start menu), Lubuntu (that was good), then Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon which is a very good Linux Distro. Liked that one, then I spotted Kubuntu which was even better than Linux Mint.

Comment

There's no "Start" menu in KDE, either. The similar button here is called Kickoff. If you're gonna convert, it's good to speak the local dialect

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            There's no "Start" menu in KDE, either. The similar button here is called Kickoff. If you're gonna convert, it's good to speak the local dialect
            I've been using Windows with a "Start Menu" for the last 20 years. LOL

Comment

Then you have quite a lot of indoctrination to undo! Stick around, we can help

Comment

Yeah, welcome PeterG; or as we are fond of saying around here, Welcome to the party (implied by S-R's comment above).

Many of us here have similar OS-user backgrounds as you have. Me: Windows (w/Professional suite) up until 2006. Since then, Kubuntu (and several side experiments with other distros). Recently, I had to learn Windows 8.1/Touch Screen to help someone. It's OK, just OK; slow and clunky, but usable. But the best way I might help someone would be to lure them over here with us.

See ya around ...
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                X