This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu on fujitsu stylistic q550

need help w/ drivers. installed well, but no wlan; bluetooth; nor plays mp4 (Grfx card issue?)lucky that USB mouse worx...able to input text via insert→special character in LibreOffice Writer!!! SIGH! Please help. running kubuntu 14.10 x86thank you very very humbly after taking WAAAY too long to type this

here are some linx w/ spex:

https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Act...Stylistic_Q550
    http://www.linlap.com/fujitsu_stylistic_q550
    Last edited by SteveRiley; Nov 25, 2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Don't know about the drivers problems but you might find the Virtual Keyboard easier to input text: KStart, Applications, Utilities, kvkbd.
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

thanks rod j! i will follow through with that later today.. posted a couple links for specs but waiting for admin approval as i am a noob

Comment

The GMA 600 is unlikely to work well on Linux -- the Arch Wiki has a few details. The Poulsbo graphics are outsourced by Intel to a third party that has no interest in creating drivers. I'd say the Stylistic Q550 isn't a good candidate for Kubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            The GMA 600 is unlikely to work well on Linux -- the Arch Wiki has a few details. The Poulsbo graphics are outsourced by Intel to a third party that has no interest in creating drivers. I'd say the Stylistic Q550 isn't a good candidate for Kubuntu.
            thanks for your input. it has led me to a thread on ubuntuforums on gma500 and 12.04

Comment

Working...
            X