Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get this error pretty much on any cli operation I do along with a few others. I will present a scenario for you girls and guys to show my .

Step 1. I run dolphin as root >
    Code:
    rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ sudo -s -H
    [sudo] password for rafal: 
    root@rafal-desktop:/home/rafal# dolphin
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
    kbuildsycoca4 running...
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root/.config/ibus/bus
    IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon 
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root/.kde/share/config/activitymanager-pluginsrc
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
    Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
    QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open
    dolphin(2904) KSambaSharePrivate::findSmbConf: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf! 
    kio_timeline(2993): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/email/" 
    kio_timeline(2993): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/file/" 
    kio_timeline(2993): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/notes/" 
    kio_timeline(2993): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/contacts/" 
    kio_timeline(2993): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/calendars/" 
    kio_baloosearch(3005): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/email/" 
    kio_baloosearch(3005): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/file/" 
    kio_baloosearch(3005): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/notes/" 
    kio_baloosearch(3005): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/contacts/" 
    kio_baloosearch(3005): Xapian Database does not exist at  "/root/.local/share/baloo/calendars/" 
    Once dolphin is open let's go look at some random .txt file for the fun of it. I decided to pick

/var/run/resolvconf/interface/NetworkManager , which is a .txt file. Inside it I find
    Code:
    search 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
    nameserver 127.0.1.1
    By the way, is that how this file should look? Anyway, what is what all those QDBus and IBus errors? Can this be somehow resolved?

I don't know what you are trying to achieve by running Dolphin in root but OK.

This particular file should point to the internet access you have, like in my case it's the modem/router:
    domain fritz.box
    search fritz.box
    nameserver 127.0.1.1
    So my computer gets it's internet access via the fritz.box modem.

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the IP addresses of the Google public DNS servers.

Comment

1. Don't run gui applications using sudo, use kdesudo, unless you want to have file ownerships change on your user files and configs, and limit those that you need to run as an Admin to a file manager and text editor. The vast majority of graphical program will have a proper password prompt when Admin permissions are needed.
      2. Also, a portion of the terminal output you see here is directly from using sudo when running dolphin
      3. Don't run gui applications using sudo, use kdesudo
      4. Much of a terminal output when running a gui program is purely informational - unless you actually see the word "error", there is little to worry about, unless you are a developer (I thought there was a way to change the mostly useless parts of the output being displayed, but I have not yet found it)
      5. Don't run gui applications using sudo, use kdesudo
      6. ibus-daemon is a thing used to allow multilingual support (mainly Asian language). Programs are simply looking for ibus, not finding it, and moving on (see #3 )
      7. Don't run gui applications using sudo, use kdesudo
      8. The output you are seeing is normal, you are ok here, except:
      9. Don't run gui applications using sudo, use kdesudo
      10. If you want, you can run a gui program from krunner (alt-f2) using kdesudo dolphin and not see any extraneous output at all.
      11. Don't run gui applications using sudo, use kdesudo

Comment

Hey Claydoh, thanks for adding my thoughts

I'm sure we all like to help bonkers but so far he doesn't tell us what he tries to achieve with his rather unusual ways...

Comment

Alright, I took your advice, and still I get strange output, if you have any more patience with me, could you please help, I am at a loss here.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	642620
          Code:
          rafal@rafal-desktop:~$ kdesudo dolphin
          Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
          kbuildsycoca4 running...
          QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /root/.kde/share/config/activitymanager-pluginsrc

Comment

You always see this type of output when launching a graphical application from console. You got prompted for your password, yes, and then afterwards, Dolphin launched?
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This is the output on my perfectly working computer:
              teunis@W520:~$ kdesudo dolphin
              Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
              Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
              kbuildsycoca4 running...
              "KConfigIni: In file /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/startcenter.desktop, line 130: " "Invalid escape sequence """."
              "KConfigIni: In file /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/startcenter.desktop, line 130: " "Invalid escape sequence """."
              Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
              Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
              QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Bestand of map bestaat niet
              Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
              QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Bestand of map bestaat niet
              Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
              Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower:eviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
              I hope it gives you some peace of mind...
              But yeah, because we never have too many nerds I'm fully supporting you if you want to fathom what these various messages entail.

For me it 'just works' and why in the h*ll would I start Dolphin via the CLI?

If I need to do something via the root mode of Dolphin I use the Root Actions plugin from Kubicle.
              Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 14, 2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Yeah but look at all that crap...some are warning messages, some are bugs. Like LibreOffice's malformed .desktop desktop files. Running GUI applications from a console is an easy debugging step that seems to elude many developers.

Comment

Adding Convo, on subject is all

im not much of the dolphin, im used to the preview when you hover mouse over the items. i did use the file explore i think thats the name,

i felt it was more easier to work with for preview, im in a band and i like to hear files before i open them, but always having to right click to hear it so the one click don't open it, "yea i know i can change it but i like the one click open", but i hate how the browser is, it don't let you preview on all parts only some like when you open from program to import or open, really i may be wrong but i remember tying too open a file and couldn't see preview, i had to reopen the dolphin, just to see the item i wanted was the correct one i wanted to import or open ,

but hey all i started using kububtu at birth left linux land for a bit due to a illness i used to be a distributor for ku, wanted all my family on got sick of rip off microsoft.

but glad to be back on linux love it never trust windows it will steal ya key and lagg like a mother lol hehe

ku on my beast of a desktop well ahm 2011 it was, lol amd nvidia 630 2gb vid but really bad on the video, always lagging, the last update screwed it up i did find though using nvidia's files will lfix the discriipter pipe error but i do stress, remove that up date it rams the heck of of the settings makes it a lower frps. i feel the ku amd runs better on an Intel really for some reason, might be the vido card issue for why i feel that way , but just adding some convo

Comment

i used to be a distributor for ku
                    Huh?

Comment

kubuntu oie offered first timmer reseller pc builders

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                      Huh?

first timmer reseller pc builders to sell pc with kubuntu years ago is what i meant i say ku for short

Comment

Working...
                      X