This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech g19 help - russo79.com/gnome15 is down

I foolishly removed the logitech g-19 trusty-kde-suite which basically entails all the packages in .deb format. I checked my apt-cache but they are not there and the website www russo79 com/gnome15 has been down for over a week. This is their Launchpad page https://launchpad.net/gnome15. Basically, does anyone here have the .deb packages for this keyboard, I would be forever in your debt. I found this http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~gnome15...k/files/head:/ and I am slowly downloading the source from there but I am not sure if I will be able to make .deb packages out of this. Can anyone help me?

Second question. The .png files which are supposedly picture format, say they are binary, and indeed, I took one such file (key-down.png) and changed the ending to .txt and found this :
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
    <meta content="Loggerhead/1.18.2 Python/2.7.3 Bazaar/2.6.0 Paste/1.7.5.1 PasteDeploy/1.3.4 SimpleTAL/4.3 Pygments/1.6 simplejson/3.1.3" name="generator" />
    <title>~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk : contents of gnome15/src/main/resources/images/key-down.png at revision 267</title>
    <link href="/static/css/global.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="/static/images/favicon.png" rel="shortcut icon" />

<script type="text/javascript">
    var global_path = '/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/';
    var collapsed_icon_path = '/static/images/treeCollapsed.png';
    var expanded_icon_path = '/static/images/treeExpanded.png';
    </script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/yui/yui-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/oop/oop-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/event/event-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/attribute/attribute-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/base/base-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/dom/dom-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/node/node-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/anim/anim-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/yui/build/io/io-base-min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="/static/javascript/custom.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<link href="/static/css/view.css" media="all" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="/static/css/highlight.css" media="all" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

</head>
    <body class="public">

<div class="black-link">
    <a href="https://code.launchpad.net/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk">
    ← Back to branch summary
    </a>
    </div>

<h1 class="branch-name">
    ~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk
    </h1>

<ul id="menuTabs">

<li><a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/changes" title="Changes">Changes</a></li>
    <li><a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files" title="Files" id="on">Files</a></li>

</ul>

<div id="loggerheadCont">
    <div id="search_terms"></div>

<div id="breadcrumbs">

<a href="https://code.launchpad.net/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk">~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk</a>

<span>: <span class="breadcrumb">
    /<a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files/267/gnome15">gnome15</a>/<a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files/267/gnome15/src">src</a>/<a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files/267/gnome15/src/main">main</a>/<a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files/267/gnome15/src/main/resources">resources</a>/<a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files/267/gnome15/src/main/resources/images">images</a>/key-down.png
    </span> (revision 267)</span>
    </div>

<div>

<ul id="submenuTabs">
    <li id="first">
    <a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/files/267">browse files</a>
    </li>
    <li>
    <a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/annotate/head:/gnome15/src/main/resources/images/key-down.png">view with revision information</a>
    </li>

<li>
    <a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/revision/267">view revision</a>
    </li>
    <li>
    <a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/changes?filter_file_id=keydown.png-20110630225850-tigdz537cnndapk9-24">view changes to this file</a>
    </li>
    <li id="last">
    <a href="/~gnome15-team/gnome15/trunk/download/head:/keydown.png-20110630225850-tigdz537cnndapk9-24/key-down.png">download file</a>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <div class="view">
    <table id="logentries">

<tr>
    <td class="viewLine">
    <pre><a id="L1" href="#L1">1</a>
    </pre>
    </td>
    <td class="viewCont">
    <pre>(This is a binary file.)</pre>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    </div>
    <p id="footer" class="fl">
    Loggerhead is a web-based interface for <a href="http://bazaar-vcs.org/">Bazaar</a> branches
    <br />
    Version: 1.18.2<span>, Revision: 17252</span>
    </p>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Here mate, I noticed it was down since about a week ago, my aptitude told me so when it couldn't reach the ppa

Here are the debs I got in my /var/cache/apt/archives/ --> http://paf.im/MOABq
    Tell me if that's ok, I'm still a Linux noob

Comment

Thank you so much! Any idea how to go about installing them, which to start with?

Comment

Well as I told you, I'm a noob... I would say try the suite-kde... Isn't it an index of some sort, for the others to install I mean ?

Comment

I need pylibg19 Do you have it by any chance
          Last edited by bonkers; Nov 19, 2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

To make it work I believe I need to install gnome15-driver-g19direct, which needs pylibg19

Code:
            Adds support for the Logitech G19 to Gnome15

Gnome15 driver for the Logitech G19, making use of PyLibG19.

Comment

Given the name, I'd say it's from the python libraries...

Try this one, it's the only one I got with this kind of name --> http://paf.im/64RqG (I didn't say before, but you just have to click on "Téléchargement Gratuit" and then "Télécharger ce fichier", just in case )

Else, try reinstalling (or installing) python 3.4 core.

Comment

This is what I get when I try to install gnome15-driver-g19directClick image for larger version

Name:	snapshot14.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	642605

The source code is in the launchpad for pylibg19 located here, I know this is asking ALOT, but could someone help me or guide me on how to create a .deb package from it. This is a very small package. http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~gnome15...ead:/pylibg19/

Comment

If I can get all the packages needed to install the Logitech g19 driver and systemtray and plugins, you have my word I will put it in several places, the entire directory and help anyone who needs to install the gnome15 package for their g19 or g15 as it seems it is included as well in my .debs that you linked me to last night. I did install them Klakh, but it is a no go without that pylibg19 as I cannot install the kernel driver

Comment

Originally posted by Klakh View Post
                    Given the name, I'd say it's from the python libraries...

Try this one, it's the only one I got with this kind of name --> http://paf.im/64RqG (I didn't say before, but you just have to click on "Téléchargement Gratuit" and then "Télécharger ce fichier", just in case )

Else, try reinstalling (or installing) python 3.4 core.
                    Thank you very much, it seems to be working, minus one quirk, there is no panel appalet, the little icon with the G inside it, so I can configure the plugins and restart the service if need be, do you have that deb by any chance, thank you for your time, once again.

Comment

What happens if you run g15-config in a terminal? It should bring up the GUI Logitech G Keyboard Configuration utility.

Click on "Configure" at the bottom and make sure "Start Indicator On Login" is selected.
                      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
                      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Here, I found some more in the same folder, but the gnome15 name was hidden
                        http://paf.im/B096s
                        Last edited by Klakh; Nov 21, 2014, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
                          What happens if you run g15-config in a terminal? It should bring up the GUI Logitech G Keyboard Configuration utility.

Click on "Configure" at the bottom and make sure "Start Indicator On Login" is selected.
                          It works, but there is a new option I have never seen before, *Only show indicator on error* here is a pic Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	642607
                          Code:
                           g15-config
                          /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning: g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion 'g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
                            import gobject._gobject
                          INFO    14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.g15drivermanager - Loading drivers from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnome15/drivers
                          INFO    14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.g15devices - Failed to get PyUDev context, hot plugging support not available
                          Traceback (most recent call last):
                            File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnome15/g15devices.py", line 469, in <module>
                              import pyudev.glib
                          ImportError: No module named pyudev.glib
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.util.g15os - Error when trying to create path /home/rafal/.config/gnome15/macro_profiles
                            File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnome15/util/g15os.py", line 75, in mkdir_p
                              os.makedirs(path)
                            File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                              mkdir(name, mode)
                          OSError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/home/rafal/.config/gnome15/macro_profiles'
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.g15pluginmanager - Plugin path /home/rafal/.gnome15/plugins does not exist.
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.g15pluginmanager - Plugin path /home/rafal/.config/gnome15/plugins does not exist.
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.g15pluginmanager - Plugin path /home/rafal/.local/share/gnome15/plugins does not exist.
                          <class 'Xlib.protocol.request.QueryExtension'>
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     trafficstats - Could not import gtop. Falling back to g15top
                            File "/usr/share/gnome15/plugins/trafficstats/trafficstats.py", line 36, in <module>
                              import gtop
                          ImportError: No module named gtop
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     processes - Could not import gtop module. Will use g15top instead
                            File "/usr/share/gnome15/plugins/processes/processes.py", line 34, in <module>
                              import gtop
                          ImportError: No module named gtop
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Could not load appindicator module
                            File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnome15/g15config.py", line 62, in <module>
                              import appindicator
                          ImportError: No module named appindicator
                          DEBUG   14:31:10-MainThread     gnome15.util.g15os - Error when trying to create path /home/rafal/.cache/gnome15/macro_profiles
                            File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnome15/util/g15os.py", line 75, in mkdir_p
                              os.makedirs(path)
                            File "/usr/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
                              mkdir(name, mode)
                          OSError: [Errno 17] File exists: '/home/rafal/.cache/gnome15/macro_profiles'
                          DEBUG   14:31:11-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Stopped
                          DEBUG   14:31:11-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Getting state
                          DEBUG   14:31:11-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - State is started
                          DEBUG   14:31:11-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Screen added /org/gnome15/Screen/g19_0
                          DEBUG   14:31:11-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Started - Checking status
                          DEBUG   14:31:11-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Found 1 of 1 connected
                          DEBUG   14:31:36-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Option 2
                          DEBUG   14:31:43-MainThread     gnome15.g15config - Option 0

Comment

The Site http://gnome15.org is now accessible again.

Comment

Well THAT's good news !! Thanks for letting us know !!

Comment

Working...
                              X