• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False positive PUA?

Help!

Would love some advice please..

My clam is in a jam.

Am i right in saying these are basically nothing? I only downloaded a couple of icons after updating system and found these after on CLAMTK....

I kept a log of all scans, if needed.

Found 2 possible threats (4484 files scanned).

/home/eugene/.cache/chromium/Default/Cache/f_000078 PUA.JS.Xored
    /home/eugene/.cache/chromium/Default/Cache/f_000114 PUA.HTML.Infected.WebPage-1

If anyone can point me to some thread regarding these i would be very happy!

Thanks! Have a very, very cool day.

http://www.clamxav.com/BB/viewtopic....960af388412a16

"Potentially Unwanted Applications". You can delete them or ignore them. They could be redirect attempts to other web sites, links to images, etc..
    Or, you can drop them into this web app and test them: https://www.virustotal.com/en/

ClamAV checks primarily for Windows viruses. You should use rkhunter and chkrootkit.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank you very much! I had heard certain things about them only and not much else. Put my mind at rest! Consider this thread solved.

Comment

Originally posted by neukoln77 View Post
        Thank you very much! I had heard certain things about them only and not much else. Put my mind at rest! Consider this thread solved.
        Mark it so on the first post...
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X