This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning and installing

Hello. I'm not sure what is going on exactly, but I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability. I want to get the Kubuntu 5.10 OS and I downloaded it, the 64-bit verison. I burned it to a cd and then I restarted my computer so I could install Kubuntu. The cd booted and I got to the 1st screen to specify what kind of boot or just to hit enter for regular boot and so I hit enter for a regular boot. The program displays some stuff which is too fast for me to read then it just comes to a blue screen and stops. It does nothing now, and I'm not sure why. I downloaded the iso from somewhere and burned it again but it still didn't work. I know my media is fine because I downloaded and burned, onto the same media, Kubuntu 5.04. Does anybody have any ideas why the install program would goto a blue screen and just freeze like that. Thanks for all the help

Re: Burning and installing

All I can find is the DVD iso
    at the following link http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/re.../5.10/release/

hope somebody else can find the link for the CD iso

Good Luck

Comment

Re: Burning and installing

You might note that the original post dates from October 2005, when 5-10 (Breezy Badger) was the latest and greatest Kubuntu. Although I must admit to a warm spot in my heart for Breezy. I would certainly never consider using it, now. Especially not for an AMD-64 box (although, I did use it for that, then). If you're running a server, (or a lot of desktops) in a mission critical environment, use 6-06 (Dapper Drake), the long term support release. For a single user user desktop, use 7-04 (Feisty Fawn). All of which can be found in both CD and DVD versions at this site.

Comment

Working...
      X