Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Player

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rog132
    replied
    About Bangarang

    vinnywright
    their is also the bangarang ,,,,,,,,,,
    Earlier:

    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post197226


    Now:

    Package bangarang outdated: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=722183
    The Nepomuk2 port: https://projects.kde.org/projects/pl...b0098e2b820698
    With the Baloo: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...71-Baloo-links -> https://community.kde.org/Baloo/NepomukPort
    Bangarang

    Bangarang has not seen any real development in almost 1.5 years. If it needs to be ported it will need to be heavily reworked. It would be nice if someone created a multi-media library on top of Baloo which all multi-media related applications could use - Plasma Media Center, Amarok and Bangarang.
    Future ?:

    http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2014/07/29...el.html#t08:31
    Riddell bangarang guy said he's working on a big rewrite and current version is unsupported so I'll remove it 08:31

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    their is also the bangarang ,,,,,,,,,,

    Code:
    vinny@vinnys-HP-G62:~$ apt search bangarang
    Sorting... Done
    Full Text Search... Done
    bangarang/trusty 2.1-2ubuntu1 amd64
      Multimedia player with a lightweight interface for KDE
    Code:
    vinny@vinnys-HP-G62:~$ apt show bangarang
    Package: bangarang
    Priority: optional
    Section: universe/kde
    Installed-Size: 2,903 kB
    Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
    Original-Maintainer: Debian KDE Extras Team <pkg-kde-extras@lists.alioth.debian.org>
    Version: 2.1-2ubuntu1
    Depends: kde-runtime, libc6 (>= 2.14), libkdecore5 (>= 4:4.4.0), libkdeui5 (>= 4:4.4.0), libkfile4 (>= 4:4.3.4), libkio5 (>= 4:4.3.4), libnepomuk4 (>= 4:4.4.95), libphonon4 (>= 4:4.2.0), libqt4-dbus (>= 4:4.5.3), libqt4-xml (>= 4:4.5.3), libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.8.0), libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.8.0), libsolid4 (>= 4:4.5.85), libsoprano4 (>= 2.2.69), libstdc++6 (>= 4.6), libtag1c2a (>= 1.5), phonon
    Download-Size: 563 kB                                                                                                                                                                           
    Homepage: http://gitorious.org/bangarang                                                                                                                                                        
    Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug                                                                                                                                                
    Origin: Ubuntu                                                                                                                                                                                  
    Supported: 9m
    Task: kubuntu-active, kubuntu-active
    APT-Sources: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
    Description: Multimedia player with a lightweight interface for KDE
     Offers a media—audio and video—player with a lightweight interface. Integrates
     with the Nepomuk Social Semantic Desktop, supports command line arguments, can
     play CDs and DVDs and audio streams. It also has basic keyboard shortcuts and
     allows users to manually manage playlists.
    it is/was ok ......kinda querky to get used to ,,,,,, can edit track tags but not sure if it dose it on the local DB or actually in file like Kid3 ,,,,,,,,,,,but VLC is still the best.

    well the mplayer players like in @Rog123's screen shot come close.

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • Rog132
    replied
    Default Kubuntu apps

    Now and then the default Kubuntu application palette is suggested to the kubuntu developers: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ku...ry/006583.html

    About the VLC: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ku...ry/006586.html
    Rohan Garg rohan16garg at gmail.com
    Wed Jan 23 14:44:48 UTC 2013

    Hi

    Please not that we cannot ship some multimedia things like libav due
    to patent issues as a result of which apps like vlc cannot be shipped...
    (As claydoh told...)


    The user's default applications can be something else...

    Last edited by Rog132; Aug 25, 2014, 11:50 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    Simple: We try to use KDE programs as much as is possible, to provide a well rounded set of default applications that stay within a certain size limit (for the install iso) Dragon has been the default for ages now, with few complaints. It does the job well for quite a few people, but anyone can easily install an alternative.
    Also, as many Linux users side toward software freedom, VLC uses a number of non-free codecs.

    Leave a comment:


  • anonprivate
    replied
    Thank you.

    Much as I thought

    I wonder why the developers did not include VLC as the default player? (I know that it is in Muon)

    Might be best to install VLC and remove Dragon Player.

    Best wishes

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    Dragon does not support playlists

    Leave a comment:


  • anonprivate
    replied
    If you mean my pc, see my signature. If you mean my OS, then KUBUNTU 14.04 - 32bit

    Leave a comment:


  • woodsmoke
    replied
    Ok....at the risk of offending you I will risk a question.\
    \
    Please list the specifications of your OS?

    Leave a comment:


  • anonprivate
    replied
    I cannot see how to construct playlists in Dragon Player

    Leave a comment:


  • woodsmoke
    replied
    popularity does not necessarily equate to functionality.....a DRAGON..............can............do a lot of stuff!



    I personally have been......in the jungles.....and defied the dragon's breath.......the dragon may lay in wait....but.....sometimes....

    laying there... among all those................ don't know...........things that MEN covet....gold..... acccccolades from men.......the dragon....

    waits.....or it can...........turn on you ..the DRAGON..... can........

    can play for you................

    or..........

    the Dragon..............

    can not....

    Do YOU...........just covet the gold.............?

    REALLY....DO YOU COVET G9ODLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    or do you want...........to........contribute?

    it izzz a dicey game....game as in gambon...but a game...sometimes............YOU............ask a question...........that has not been asked...

    SOMETIMES...........YOU..........ASK A QUESTI0N\\

    THAT HAS NOT BEENASKED...

    GO TO BLUE HEAVEN
    http://www.blueheavenkw.com/

    AND COME BACK.........HERE,,,to Kubuntuheavennnn




    woodgottomeetahobbitalongtimeagosmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 24, 2014, 10:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • anonprivate
    replied
    I think that VLC is a lot more popular than Dragon Player.

    Leave a comment:


  • woodsmoke
    replied
    Buuuuuttt.....

    there is a certain.........ambience........about DragonPlayer...........I remember when it was "Lycos Player" back in the whole "interface thingy windows thingy" what..........2002? It has a certain......."elan".........don't know...

    I think that if you "kept this thread going"......maybe you can pick up some more knowledgabe people.............

    DRAGON.......rises up.....against the regime.....rises up........and...even though it needs breastplates.....

    [img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...n8K87vMLl1ZHyU[/img]

    YOU...............YOU............could be an advocate.....

    that pierces..............one............smalll........ ...

    one smalll.................

    breast scale...

    Me..............I spent years on xmms.............not xmms2......... even wrote some posts about it at a certain big Linux place.........

    so.............if you have a passion for it.............then...........go for it..............!!

    be an advocate!!

    woodkindofadoofsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 24, 2014, 09:58 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks for responding.

    I'll have another look at Dragon Player, and if I can't see how to achieve playlists etc, I will consider downloading VLC. I used to use this player in Vista. The problem will then be knowing which files in Muon to download, there are many with vlc connections.

    Best wishes.

    A
    a simpel
    Code:
    sudo apt install vlc
    will get you a working vlc with all it needs,,,,,you can then add etra plugins as you need them ,,,like browser-plugin-vlc if you want vlc to handle media content in your web browser .

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    just install the package called vlc. The system will download and install any other packages required. It will prompt you and tell you what it will grab and install before you proceed.

    If you use Muon Software Center as opposed to Muon Package Manager, the confusion is lessened as Software Center focuses on applications, while the package manager has everything, including libraries, etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • anonprivate
    replied
    Hi,

    Thanks for responding.

    I'll have another look at Dragon Player, and if I can't see how to achieve playlists etc, I will consider downloading VLC. I used to use this player in Vista. The problem will then be knowing which files in Muon to download, there are many with vlc connections.

    Best wishes.

    A

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X