Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No TV/HDMI sound in Chrome, but in Amarok!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No TV/HDMI sound in Chrome, but in Amarok!

Hi, first post here . I have a problem. I have connected my computer to my TV and I want to have the sound through the TV as well - not just the picture. I have solved it when it comes to Amarok. I simply went in to Audio Setup and fixed it. But the sound remains on my computer when I play youtube clips for instance. Why is that? I have installed all additional drivers, along with the fglrx. As I said, all the other sound works like a charm and the sound works great on my browsers as well, but just stays inside the computer and doesn't want to "jump over" into the TV. I have tried both with Chrome, Firefox, and the Rekong browser.

It would be really nice if you all can help me, please.

I would install the veromix plasma widget. Once its installed, put the widget it on your desktop (unlock desktop widgets, right click on desktop and click Add Widgets). Both your computer audio and your TV audio profiles should be displayed in the widget. When a video in Chrome is playing, it will also appear in the widget. Right click on it and send the audio stream to your TV audio profile.

Comment

sorry to dig this one up but yeah I had a similar issue with Kubuntu 14.04.
      Luckily whatthefunks solution works there too, only issue is that I am still getting that crackling audio I faced on standard ubuntu and once more find myself editing pulseaudios config file, argh.
      Last edited by dancingmadrb3; Apr 25, 2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X