This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi or LAN icons do not show in the panel

I have Kubuntu 13.10. After the new installation, I have created other accounts at the administrator
    level and user level. In the initial account ( ACCOUNT1) , which was created during the installation,
    I did not have to install any driver manually. My WiFi and LAN connections appear in the panel and they
    work with no problem. However, when I go to other accounts, there is no internet connection and the
    WiFi or LAN icons do not show in the panel. How can I make the icons appear?

Also the application "Connection Editor" for creating new WIFI connections, which has an icon only in the panel of the ACCOUNT1, does not have a GUI anywhere else. How can I create the GUI icon for the "Connection Editor" specially to use it in other account?

Unlock widgets, and right click on the panel in a location until you see Panel Options, Click that and then Panel settings, Add widgets. double click on the Network Management widget. relock widgets. Then the connection settings are reached by clicking on the network icon and the wrench in the lower right corner, and then the Edit connections button.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

what ver.of Kubuntu?
      try right clicking in the system tray area > click system tray settings , in the display section make shure network management is checked , then in the "entries" section make shur network management visibility is set .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Network Management widget is not part of the widgets I can see. I actually checked under different categories of widgets and I can't see there.

Comment

I am running ver 13.10. There was an arrow on the panel which read show hidden icons. By right clicking on that I could see system tray setting , but when I closed it, the arrow disappeared and by right clicking in the system tray area all I get is Task Manager Setting, I can't get System tray settings anymore, any indication?

Comment

Looks like the System Tray went away somehow. Right click on your panel and from there find Add Widgets to add back the systray

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk, like that really matters

Comment

Thanks everybody, the issue is resolved!

Comment

Working...
              X