Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cannot put muon apps on desktop

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jlittle
    replied
    Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    Thanks, but I was actually using the AOSP keyboard on my Nexus 7 at the time! I tried hackers keyboard too but couldn't find it there either (although I didn't actually look very hard).
    made me laugh at myself. I have SwiftKey on my Samsung and it has lots of accented letters but no Greek ones; I had to install Ελληνικά to get a μ.

    Regards, John Little
    Last edited by jlittle; Feb 19, 2014, 04:12 AM. Reason: use supported smiley

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by jlittle View Post
    BTW, System Settings | Hardware | Input Devices | Keyboard | Advanced tab, check "Configure keyboard options" if not already checked, then Compose Key position, check something you don't use (I check "Menu" atm), then when you're typing,
    [Compose key] / u gives "µ".

    Regards, John Little
    LOL OK thread officially hijacked ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that is interesting .

    I actually used the unicode insertion ,,,,,,,ctrl+shift+U and the unicode # 03bc , like μ


    ☣VINNY☣

    Leave a comment:


  • Feathers McGraw
    replied
    Originally posted by jlittle View Post
    BTW, System Settings | Hardware | Input Devices | Keyboard | Advanced tab, check "Configure keyboard options" if not already checked, then Compose Key position, check something you don't use (I check "Menu" atm), then when you're typing,
    [Compose key] / u gives "µ".

    Regards, John Little
    Thanks, but I was actually using the AOSP keyboard on my Nexus 7 at the time! I tried hackers keyboard too but couldn't find it there either (although I didn't actually look very hard).

    Leave a comment:


  • jlittle
    replied
    Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    ... uTorrent... (can't find a "mu"/ "mi" symbol on this keyboard
    BTW, System Settings | Hardware | Input Devices | Keyboard | Advanced tab, check "Configure keyboard options" if not already checked, then Compose Key position, check something you don't use (I check "Menu" atm), then when you're typing,
    [Compose key] / u gives "µ".

    Regards, John Little

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    I have never used RSS to get a torrent ,,,but Ktorrent looks like it will do this ,,,,(it has a RSS&atom feed plugin) and will move your torrent to whatever accessible location you would like upon completion .

    VINNY
    Yup, so can Qbittorrent, which is much much MUCH easier in regard to rss feeds.

    As we sway further and further OT.....

    I have an external drive connected to my Netgear n300 router, my desktop pc is 90% an XBMC box. All my TV shows are downloaded to the external drive. I don't worry about file names as I don't actually store many shows for too long

    If I have a one-off show, I normally access the qbittorrent web interface from the laptop.

    Considering the cheapness of the router, the slowness of the external backup drive, and the use of samba all around, it works rather well, surprisingly.

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
    RSS feeds. I have qbittorrent set up to automagically dl my tv shows when they show up on my feeds. I'm sure that if I really look into it, I can set it up to move the shows to the appropriate folders on my server and rename the shows to just season/episode (ie- s03e01).

    I haven't messed with the web interface. I probably should. It would make things so much easier if I just download the shows straight to the server. Some of the episodes are quite large and samba isn't exactly lightining fast.
    I have never used RSS to get a torrent ,,,but Ktorrent looks like it will do this ,,,,(it has a RSS&atom feed plugin) and will move your torrent to whatever accessible location you would like upon completion .

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • Buddlespit
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    ? qbittorrent ? what was wrong with Ktorrent ?
    RSS feeds. I have qbittorrent set up to automagically dl my tv shows when they show up on my feeds. I'm sure that if I really look into it, I can set it up to move the shows to the appropriate folders on my server and rename the shows to just season/episode (ie- s03e01).

    I haven't messed with the web interface. I probably should. It would make things so much easier if I just download the shows straight to the server. Some of the episodes are quite large and samba isn't exactly lightining fast.

    Leave a comment:


  • claydoh
    replied
    On to the OP, perhaps for some reason the menus did not automatically update themselves or was delayed, so running the command "kbuildsycoca4" should do that, as will logging out then back in. No need to reboot here!

    As to Qbittorrent, I use it as my client over KBittorrent initially for its lightness, as I began using it on the ole eeepc, running at a whopping 900mhz, as my XBMC machine using lxde for desktop-y bits as needed. I have never used utorrent.

    I like its remote web interface much better than KT's, as well as its rss feed setup. KT suffers a little a bit of ui clunkiness in places.

    So, to summarize, Qbittorrent is leaner, better web ui (and can be run headless), and has the right set of features that I use it for. Nothing actually wrong with Ktorrent at all
    Last edited by claydoh; Feb 17, 2014, 05:57 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    qBittorrent is easier to use if you are already used to using uTorrent from Windows (can't find a "mu"/ "mi" symbol on this keyboard, but you know what I mean).
    ?? Humm I found Ktorrent to very similar to μtorrent when I switched to Linux ,,,,,,,,,,,but it has been years sence I have had a windows box to use μtorrent with.

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • Feathers McGraw
    replied
    qBittorrent is easier to use if you are already used to using uTorrent from Windows (can't find a "mu"/ "mi" symbol on this keyboard, but you know what I mean).

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by seaumas2 View Post
    Have downloaded applications
    ? downloaded ..... or installed with Muon ?

    Originally posted by seaumas2 View Post
    and now cannot use because they do not show on desktop of in K menus.
    thay will not show on the desktop like in windows,,,,,but thay should be showing in Kickoff (K menu) try restarting the box ,,,some times some apps will not show at first.

    qbittorrent ? what was wrong with Ktorrent ?

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest
    Guest started a topic cannot put muon apps on desktop

    cannot put muon apps on desktop

    Have downloaded applications and now cannot use because they do not show on desktop of in K menus. If they were supposed to show up for widgets they were not offered. Include Winetricks, qBittorrent, two players, a photo application and some access apps for KDE.

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X