X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Searching Dolphin Nepomuk

Hi
    This will be short, if anyone has questions, please ask.

On Kubuntu Raring, with all updates as of the date of this post:

Dolphin/Nepomuk seems to be completely working in terms of "search".

As an example, my files are rather prodigious in terms of lectures, images, tests etc. for my college teaching.

I routinely go to "home" and using "find", can type in a term, or terms, such as "sea level" (sans quotes of course), and get all of the appropriate returns, impress lectures, images, handouts, examinations, etc.

This is a MARKED improvement from just a couple of years ago.

Good on developers!

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Oh, OK, I thought by the title of the thread this was a joke, regardless, good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      Hi
      This will be short, if anyone has questions, please ask.

On Kubuntu Raring, with all updates as of the date of this post:

Dolphin/Nepomuk seems to be completely working in terms of "search".

As an example, my files are rather prodigious in terms of lectures, images, tests etc. for my college teaching.

I routinely go to "home" and using "find", can type in a term, or terms, such as "sea level" (sans quotes of course), and get all of the appropriate returns, impress lectures, images, handouts, examinations, etc.

This is a MARKED improvement from just a couple of years ago.

Good on developers!

woodsmoke
      Just wait until the new query builder is included. It will finally make the full power of Nepomuk easily accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
        Just wait until the new query builder is included. It will finally make the full power of Nepomuk easily accessible.
        Can't wait for this
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

ME: "Hello, Nepomuk. Where are my keys?"

NEPOMUK: ...

[The sound of an SSD grinding away can be faintly heard.]

NEPOMUK: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage.keylocator was not provided by any .service files"
          NEPOMUK: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage.keylocator was not provided by any .service files"

Last edited by SteveRiley; Sep 17, 2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

thanks dmeyer, and my condolences SR.

woodluckysmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X