Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having issues with ttf-mscorefonts-installer, why?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having issues with ttf-mscorefonts-installer, why?

I am new to kubuntu, but have used other ubuntu based distros before. I just did a fresh install of Kubuntu 13.04 32bit on an old iMac (2006 iMac, core 2 duo, 3gb ram, 250gbHD), everything works fine (i ignore the fact that it takes long to boot up, and if I were using an lxde distro, that wouldn't be the case) except for one thing, after running updates, I get a message telling me that "data files for some packages could not be downloaded" it tells me something is wrong with ttf-mscorefonts-installer. I tried sudo apt-get remove ttf-mscorefonts-installer as well as purge, then re-installing it, no luck, I still get the same error message each boot up. I ended up just uninstalling it and not re-installing, but again, I keep getting that message.

What can I do?

Tell a bit more

- Could you show the exact error message ?
    - At what stage you get the error ?
    (as example my installation output: http://pastebin.com/n9avdq56 )

- Do you get the Eula(s) ?

Something to try

Try to clean the apt cache:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get clean
    Update the package database:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Install:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
    With the logsave:
    Code:
    logsave Install-log.txt sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
    man logsave
    NAME
    logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile

SYNOPSIS
    logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ]

DESCRIPTION
    The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile...
    Last edited by Rog132; Sep 01, 2013, 03:38 AM.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Well this forum wont let me add a link or photo because I am new to it, rather unfair. I might come back to Kubuntu some other time. I am taking a break with it for now. I liked it, but I am using Xubuntu LTS now. (I may not even keep that, it seems that LXDE is the best match for this old machine)

Comment

Well this forum wont let me add a link or photo because I am new to it, rather unfair...
        Many forums have this kind of limit, thank you spammers ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(electronic) ) - workaround: you could post something to the 'Social/Casual Talk'.
        Last edited by Rog132; Sep 02, 2013, 10:32 AM.
        A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
        Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
        X