Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bash prevents me to unmount my flsh drives??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bash prevents me to unmount my flsh drives??

Since a couple of days, I have found that I can't unmount my flash drives because they result busy. After a deeper look, I found ( fuser -m /dev/sdb1) that the culprit is a bash session that I didn't start and that I need to force in order to terminate it (simply try to terminate it doesn't work). I need to do this every time I plug-in my usb flash drives: how can I solve this problem?
    [Kubuntu 13.04]

side question: why don't I see my signature here below??
    Last edited by andreaconsole; Aug 17, 2013, 05:35 AM.

update: dolphin is the culprit that start the bash process. If I close dolphin, it closes that bash process and I can unmount the drive. Why does dolphin start this bash process? Can I prevent this behaviour? What does this bash process do? 42?

Comment

Could it be your Dolphin has some Services plug-in that's using bash for access?

Comment

I have the same issue. If I have dolphin open to the usb flash/or hdd, I can't unmount. Once I close dolphin I can unmount. I believe it's because you can't unmount when it's being used (busy), and dolphin is "using" it (to list content)
        I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

I don't think so: consider that is also impossible to unmount from dolphin itself, even if dolphin has this feature. I'm going to run dolphin from terminal in order to understand why it launches that evil bash process

Comment

I can get it to mount/umount a usb device as long as I don't have that device chosen in dolphin, ie- I click on "home", then I can left click and umount. It's pissing off my wife, because she's trying to read on her phone, connected to my computer (charging) and I keep mounting/umounting her phone...
            I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

My case is a little different: my only possibility to unmount is to terminate dolphin

Comment

Working...
              X