This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash videos not working/crashing in rekonq

Youtube flash videos is not working in rekonq web browser even if its running its crashing in the middle of video giving a black background. I have also installed firefox but in it flash videos are working properly. I like rekonq more than firefox because its fast .any suggestions or help for watching flash video in rekonq

What version of Kubuntu are you using? In rekong go to Tools (the wrench) -> Configure - rekong. Click on Webkit and make sure you have autoload plugins.

Michel
    Last edited by michel; May 20, 2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

kubuntufan, Firefox could be slow if you're running 13.04 due to this issue (also affects Thunderbird). There is a fix - it hasn't been pushed out yet but you can safely install it and it will help.

Patched package: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ched_amd64.deb

Download in rekonq and run. Click through the prompts to install and you're done.

How did you install Flash Player, by the way? Did you install it out of the repository?

Comment

seascape, i have no issues with firefox its running fine. Only problem is rekonq will not play youtube videos and showing a black background

but some times youtube plays but get stuck in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by kubuntufan View Post
          seascape, i have no issues with firefox its running fine. Only problem is rekonq will not play youtube videos and showing a black background

but some times youtube plays but get stuck in the middle
          Does this also happen in Chromium?

Comment

Working...
          X