This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rekonq always acts like it's my default browser

So I have Rekonq installed, of course, and also Firefox. I tend to use Firefox mostly, and want it to be my default browser.

I've gone into Firefox's options and set it to be my default - its preferences screen now confirms this. But following links from any other application (e.g. from text in LibreOffice Writer) always opens the link in Rekonq. What gives? >

Short of removing Rekonq, which I don't want to do, what can I do about this?

First thing to do - check that Firefox is KDE's default browser by going to System Settings -> Default Applications -> Web Browser.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

That's the one! Thanks for taking the time to help.

Comment

Glad I could be of help

PS. Would you mind marking the thread as solved? (Near the top of this page, click on "Thread Tools").
        sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I was having this same problem and I uninstalled rekonq. I thought that would unassociate everything with it but it did not. I went to open a html file in Dolphin and the system barked that it could not find rekonq.

The trick to getting all the bits to stop calling rekong (installed or not installed) is to right click on the file, in my case an html file, and choose Properties, on the first screen you should see a Gear icon or a button that states "File type options". Click there and a window opens. "Application Preference Order" is the lower window, if you see rekonq you can either delete it or move it down the list further.

Oddly, even though I had uninstalled it, it was still listed in the file types. This setting is also avaliable in System Settings under File Associations.
          Kubuntu 18.04.3 LTS -- KDE 5.12.9

Comment

Working...
          X