This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the little yellow bulb! :)

I am posting this in "Help the New Guy" for precisely those who are VERY NEW to "Linux/Kubuntu/KDE" whatever.

If you really are NEW....you just have no concept of the great gnashing of teeth that has been heard throughout Linuxdom over the past decade concerning the installation of....

The Flash Player!

I sincerely hope that you will come to appreciate just how MUCH of an advance over what had to be done before, concerning FlashPlugin....the actions of the little yellow fellow is...

I have really begun to appreciate the little guy!

Almost invariably, when I see his bright sunshiney face I have come to anticipate that I will see a message to the effect of the following when I click him!

Failure to download extra data files.

The following packages requested additional downloads after package installation, but the data could not be downloaded or processed......flashplugin-installer... The download will be attempted again later, or you can try the download again now. Running this command requires an active internet connection.

* Run this action now.
    And then one sees the familar black Konsole terminal pop and this cryptic information appears:

flashplugin-installer: downloading (an URL for the tar is given)
    Installing from local file /tmp/tmpB6ZWQY.gz
    Flash Plugin installed.

For the uninitiated.... you just do not, presently, but hopefully will soon have! .. have a conception of the great amount of work which an untold number of volunteers have have expended to bring that seemingly insignificant thing to you....

and all you have to do is...

Click a mouse twice!

My hat is doffed to the devs, whoever they may be!

woodmuchappreciativesmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 09, 2013, 11:20 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Hi Woodsmoke,

I agree and share your sentiments as well as the deep appreciation for those unsung 'heros'

From,
    Jude

Comment

Working...
    X