This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.04 headphones volume very low

Im running Kubuntu 12.04 on my lenovo y410 laptop, and recently my sound started coming from both headphones and speakers at the same time. I compiled and installed the realtek driver and now the automute works but the headphone volume is very low, and in alsa mixer the headphone slider is disabled (it just says 00 and won't adjust). Adjusting the speaker slider makes the headphones louder but its back low again when i reboot. Any fix for this as it was working perfectly a day before (also before i installed updates) I also tried alsa force-reload, removing and reinstalling both alsa-base and pulseaudio with no fix. When pulse audio was removed, i saw way more sliders even in kmix but it says headphones and theres no slider. Im only 13 and i really need help with this as i really dont want to return to windows but if this problem isnt resolved i will return to windows.

If I were you I would install PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) and PulseAudio Preferences (paprefs) and mess about with the settings there. I've noticed there's a bug here that affects the Y410, it may have something to do with your problem.

Comment

Hi Heyit'sBenaiah

Welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the net!

If the above post resolves the problem please do not be a stranger! Come back and tell us about your experiences with the lappy!

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by sealbhach View Post
        If I were you I would install PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) and PulseAudio Preferences (paprefs) and mess about with the settings there. I've noticed there's a bug here that affects the Y410, it may have something to do with your problem.

I tried that and pavucontrol says could not connect to pulse audio and paprefs is not any help (i may be missing some options that yours has). I'll check out the bug report and see if i can do anything, but i doubt it because ive been trying stuff 2 days straight and not got far. I may just go back to windows or hackintosh. do you have any idea how to add screenshots here?

Comment

I haven't gotten anywhere yet. The problem is that i cannot adjust headphone volume because its slider is not there.

Comment

Have you checked out the setup in Phonon? Just hit Alt+F2, type in Phonon and open that up. Go to the Audio Hardware setup tab and set the connector to "headphones". Have a look and see if there is anything there that is amiss.

If you want to add screenshots, just do Alt+F2, type in "snap" and take a screenie. Upload it to min.us or imgur.com and paste the link here.

Comment

Sorry guys to anyone else with the same problem. I gave up and reinstalled ubuntu. It seems to be a bug in the 12.04 kernel and with quantal 8 days away.. so yeah. Thanks for your time

Comment

Working...
              X