This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway NV53 BIOS failure after installation error

I tried to install Kubuntu 12.04 on my Gateway NV5309m laptop via Live CD installer. Just starting the installation an error appeared and closed the installer window but it didn't restart the computer (only the background appeared). After restarting the computer holding down the power button I had so many problems starting both Kubuntu LiveCD and Windows 7 (both were frozen or black screen), now it just can't load BIOS, the power LED and battery charge turns on and off normally, and also if you insert a CD into the drive it seems to read it but it has no change.

I checked that it wasn't a video problem connecting my laptop to a computer monitor, I also removed and placed the CMOS battery trying to do a reset on it without success.

Only once BIOS loaded normally after a glitch in the keyboard, but when Windows 7 (default OS) started to load the screen flickered and went black.

Does anyone know how to fix this?, Or how to flash or reset the BIOS/CMOS in NV5309m (Taking into account that by not entering BIOS I could not boot from CD or USB)

Help please!!, Thank you.
Working...
X