X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skype installation

Hi
    Not totally new to linux but could use some help ...............i need to install skype

i haven`t used linux for a while i looked and found some answers followed the instructions, but still no joy,

I`m running Kubuntu 12.04 lts, my camera is a microsoft vx 6000
    Cheers Tony

The easiest way to get Skype is to install it from the Canonical Partners repository.

If you don't know how to enable the partners repository, instructions are here: http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/ppa/canonical_partner
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

eagle1205@

You're post is a tad lacking. We really only know that you 'need to install skype'. We don't know if you actually did but are having problems with your camera (which I'm assuming to be the case), or that you had/are having problems getting Skype installed. We also don't know anything about your PC. For anyone in KFN to provide you with good answers/advice, your questions need to contain relevant information.

Please don't take this as a negative response. We want to assist, and we want you to feel welcome here also. We just need complete information. This makes it far more likely that a good answer/solution may be provided quickly.

I have a 'sticky' in the Help the New Guy which was created to address this issue. Please read:

>>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN HELP THE NEW GUY <<<

And lastly, welcome to KFN!
      Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 12, 2012, 09:50 AM.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X