X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreOffice Writer as external editor for the composer of Kmail

Hi,
    I would like to use LibreOffice Writer as external editor for the composer of Kmail. The composer of Kmail has a problem with the word wrap in HTML mode. It simple continues the line endlessly. That is a bad feature when you want to check your text before sending. I guess the Kmail programmer know about that feature. So in the settings you can use an external editor. I start Writer there with "libreoffice --writer -f %f". It works. But the space between lines is very wide. I can fix that problem in writer. But when I am back in composer the text has the same line spacing. So I only can fix it in Kmail composer. But that is cumbersome to do.
    Is there any way to find the right configuration of writer (perhaps with its HTML part) to avoid this? When I change from composer to Writer the line spacing is automaticly changed to below 0.50 cm. I need it at 0.00 cm. And especially when I return to composer.
    Kind regards,
    Sigurd

I have no problem with proper word wrapping with the composer set to use HTML. Start a new message and click on Options and ensure that Wordwrap is checked.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi snowhog,
      Yes, that's the ugly 78 characters word wrap. Such an Email looks like from the early 1990s.
      The Kmail Composer should do better. When the email is sent I can see it in Kmail in the folder "sent-mail". There it works fine: word wrap at the end of the body text window.
      And the composer of Thunderbird and other email clients can do it. Why not Kmail?
      Regards, Sigurd

Comment

It's an 11 year old bug. Sigh.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31951

Comment

Hi Steve,
          That is sooo bad!
          I was looking for something similar. And I found Evolution. But how can I change my emails from Kmail to Evolution? Evolution always wants a certain file. Where does Kmail have that file? Usually Kmail stores the emails in maildir format.
          Regards, Sigurd
          Last edited by SigurdF; Aug 01, 2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Alas, I have no experience with Evolution, so I can't help you with that request.

Comment

Not solved, but not solvable

Hi Steve,
              I got told that the Kmail guys already have solved that problem for the current version. But when they issued this current version they decided not to implement it. It's incredible! At least an option they could implement. This way Kmail goes another way than customers want.
              Sorry to hear that you have no experience with Evolution. Thank you for the good talk we had, Sigurd
              Last edited by SigurdF; Aug 02, 2012, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X