X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screensaver kills system

Hi Kubuntu users,

i just installed Kubuntu on an new SSD and have a major problem i have not had before. When i watch video or listen to music without doing anything the screen goes blank after approx 10 Minutes. This is probably not the screensaver, which ist set to 15 minutes. Even it was, it would be just something annoying that should be turned off. But it isnt that easy, i suppose. Its not he problem, that the screen goes blank (black). The problem ist, that i have to restart the computer, because the system is not reacting to anything after this happens. Except for reset off course.

Does anybody have a suggestion?

I am using Kubuntu 12.04 on a Samsung 830 Series here. Its a Gigabyte Board with an AMD 955 BE Processor and 8 GIGs Ram. This Problem does not appear on my old Crucial M4 SSD. One Difference i suppose that may be important ist that i have the proprietary ATI drivers installed on this new system, because they work(!!!!!) and give a much better hardware acceleration.

Actualy i have unset the energy options for the screen, maybe this helps. But i really like to know why this happens.

Thanks for your answers!
    Last edited by mcflash; Jul 21, 2012, 01:47 PM.

Search here for DPMS. There seem to be at least 2, maybe 3 workarounds if that's the problem you are having.

Comment

Working...
    X