This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop folder personality change - no popup preview

My computer has a desktop folder which has changed its behaviour when the mouse pointer is hovered over it. Previously, a splendid preview popup would appear without further action if the folder contained sub-folders. The popup showed the folders in a new window, such that each was full sized and could also be hovered over or clicked.

Now, due to no significant change I seem to have made, the hover action results only in a message that the "folder contains 2 items" and a single folder in every popup. (see attached screencap). To get the full popup, I need to click on the small arrow below the +/- appearing when hovered over the folder. These symbols never appeared before, so clearly the desktop folder widget has undergone a bizarre personality change. Did it freak out at my desktop background?

As far as I am aware, the change happened after I installed a program from the software repositories (DigiCam). The widget stayed locked the whole time.

Any help to regain the folder preview popup is welcome!
    Attached Files

Try: Folder View Settings > Display. Take the tick off from the "Click to view folder".

Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Originally posted by OneLine View Post
      Try: Folder View Settings > Display. Take the tick off from the "Click to view folder".

Thanks - it was that tick which did it!

Comment

Working...
      X