Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

failed to load instance “ubuntu”- how to Uninstall last packages/dependencies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failed to load instance “ubuntu”- how to Uninstall last packages/dependencies?

Hi all,

machine/os: net book from aliexpress no brand, (H zone)- latest distribution Kubuntu as of a week ago.
    Loaded KDE on machine (deleted win7) ;z) and was busy upgrading and adding packages to the machine for the last week.
    I could not get OBM to work. I couldn't get the -storage to set up no mater how many times I redid the install.
    <minitube> was crashing fast. (it never did that on previous machines..

I did run applock -command before this all started because the Muon package manager, was frozen, every time it opened it said something was controlling the package/system. -- so applock had fixed that.

I in my brainy logic I tried to fix the dependencies by adding another package <Oad Oag?> the game because if you want to fill out your libraries you install one big complex game and it usually requests all those little annoying dependency issues (Tobacco, wine, OBM... ) . OBM would hopefully work.
    Meanwhile I was also trying to get: libpurple pkgs in because when i searched for Skype in Muon I saw the packages that looked like an interesting / helpful possibility.

So!

I log in

After log in
    I get, "failed to load instance "ubuntu" ...

I hold down SHIFT.. I go to the load - restore system - #2 and run fix package manager.. (right?) - It's all looking good.
    It runs a few times, (I figure out I need to activate networks first)
    Then my pkg system is all up to date!
    unfortunately no change.

.. I tried to follow the advice in another thread on kubuntu fforum.. (can't sign in and go to that page at the same time- ??

sudo get-app autoremove <OBM>
    sudo get-app purge..
    -
    didn't do anything (returned error - can't find pkg obm
    ..secure-auth FALSE
    show-warnings FALSE
    PLUGIN-DIR (NO DEFAULT VALUE)
    default-auth (no default value)
    .. after package recovery manager runs. those errors..
    dpkg: error processing obm-sotrage (--configure:
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent confirguration of OBM:
    obm depends on obm-storage (=2.1.10-0ubuntu2); however:
    package obm-storage is not configured eyt.
    error processing obm (--configure):
    dependcy problems - leaving unconfigured
    errors were encountered while processing:
    obm sotorage
    obm
    upgrade complete..
    sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

****I'm good and stuck now.. ;z)
    I can go into terminal upon boot and enter stuff, but I just don't know what... if get-app autoremove obm doesn't work w/ w/o <> .. you get me.

thanks in Advance, (from Gf's laptop next to net book)

what happens if you do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get -f install
    and
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi Vinny, I know I wrote and posted a reply the same day, but I don't see it here.

*(The code did not see any changes necessary to be made in the packages.
      After the code was tried in the shell. - booting up to the restore menu. and choosing 'check file system, -dropping to shell. - entering commands,
      starting network - and repeat.
      change thought that it needed to download or delete / change 0 packages.
      install install no packages..
      came back with the same OBM -storage unconformable

I don't have the screen in front of me anymore. Anyway now after I thought I replied. - and right now I decided to do a 'clean install', instead after installing from the thumb drive now It just boots to a blank screen with a __
      -
      ;'z((

That's it.. (bios - force startup on thumb-drive. - logs in to the last 'install' I ran on it 30 minutes ago. Which i know because it has no files or other packages and uses new password.
      I do not have the option of install' and it's not on the 'desktop' after booting from thumb-drive

I saw now the threads for other issues it had.
      -head phone jack not working-
      connectivity problem with logitec mouse

Thanks**
      Last edited by FezMiester; Jul 23, 2012, 05:08 AM.

Comment

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/108665825.html -- the computer in question.. It did run a day on win7 fine and a few days on kubuntu before it died... ;z

Comment

Working...
        X