Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to mark unwanted updates as "dont show again"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to mark unwanted updates as "dont show again"?

Hi,

my kubuntu 12.04 shows updates for HP SANE, Linux printing etc., that i should mark to install. But i dont have any HP devices here. Is there any way to mark them as "dont ever bother me with these updates"?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    mcflash

So that Kubuntu has a high likelihood of running on diverse configurations, a full install includes drivers and applications for a broad collection of hardware devices, including many popular scanners and printers.

Whenever you perform an update/upgrade, the process will upgrade every package currently installed on your computer, even if those packages contain programs that you might not be using. This is sound system lifecycle maintenance: you never know where, for instance, a security vulnerability might occur.

If you truly don't want these updates, then you'll have to purge the installed packages from your system. A side effect of this is that you won't be running the complete Kubuntu desktop distribution as originally constructed.

Comment

Thanks for your lightning fast answer.

If its just some drivers for hardware i will probably never use, i think i could live with not having a Kubuntu distribution as it was built by the Kubuntu team.

Comment

If you have any questions about particular packages before you remove them, don't hesitate to follow up here.

Comment

Working...
        X