KDE version ~4.8.2
    Grub version~Legacy
    No other OS installed
    Laptop
    CPU~amd athlon dualcore
    Ram~ not sure
    HD~ One 250gb internal
    Optical drives~One cdrom internal

I have chromium installed and I installed the 'flashplugin-installer' package, don't know what the next step is to get flash player running in the browser, thanks in advance

You don't need to add it...
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin...&answer=108086

Adobe Flash Player plug-in

Adobe Flash Player is directly integrated with Google Chrome and enabled by default. Available updates for Adobe Flash Player are automatically included in Chrome system updates.
    Enable or disable Adobe Flash Player

These instructions apply to Google Chrome on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS.
    1. Type chrome://plugins in the address bar to open the Plug-ins page.
    2. On the Plug-ins page that appears, find the "Flash" listing.
      • To enable Adobe Flash Player, click the Enable link under its name.
      • To disable Adobe Flash Player completely, click the Disable link under its name.

Note: If you've previously installed Adobe Flash Player separately, you'll see two files listed for the plug-in. If both are listed as enabled, the version bundled with Chrome will be used. To enable a specific version of Adobe Flash Player, click Details in the upper-right corner of the page. Then click the Enable link for the version of Adobe Flash Player you want to enable. The table below shows the filename for the version that is integrated with Google Chrome.

Mine shows:
    Flash - Version: 11.2 r202Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Name: Shockwave Flash

Version: 11.2 r202
    Type: NPAPI
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
    .spl

Disable Allow
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It's not integrated in chromium, only chrome.
      Enable partner repo

remove flashplugin-installer, and install adobe-flash-properties-kde (it will automatically pull package called adobe-flashplugin)
      sigpic

Comment

You're right, sumski.

I hadn't loaded adobe-flash-properties or adobe-flashplugin and assumed, because my Chromium can play .swf files, that the plugin came with Chromium or Chromium downloaded and installed the plugin. It also appeared to me that the references to requiring a manual load of flash in Chromium applied to Windows and Mac only, as shown at the bottom of that page I sited. My last assumption was that he hadn't checked the "Allow" check box for the plugin.

I checked my Muon History logs.

Both the flashplugin-installer and the flashplugin-downloader were installed on 1/2/12, the day I installed 12.04 Alpha.
        They were both upgraded on 1/11/12.
        The downloader was removed on 1/31/12 and the installer was updated.
        On 2/27/12 adobe-flash-properties-kde and the adobe-flashplugin were installed twice within 2 hours, before and after they were purged.
        On 3/3/12 the adobe-flashplugin and the adobe-flash-properties-kde were removed and the installer updated.
        On 3/6/12 and 3/12/12 and 3/29/12 and 4/17/12 and 6/9/12 the installer was upgraded, but the neither the adobe-flashplugin nor the adobe-flash-properties-kde were ever re-installed.

All this was automatically done by Muon.

The adobe-flashplugin is recorded in Muon as not installed.

The date on /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so is 6/9/12, the date of the last update of flashplugin-installer.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X