Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there we go... a left-over Windows 7 bootloader. (I should have thought to go looking for Bootmgr when you earlier mentioned there was no NTLDR. Fried neurons, I guess.)

When you say "it was partitioned by windows," do you happen to remember which tool(s) used to do that?

Comment

Fried neurons, I guess.
      That makes to of us! I forgot to say THANKS!

As for clarification goes, I believe in the case of these drives, I am referring to the "Disk Management" tool located in Start->Control Panel->Administrator Tools. All the drives were bought brand new except the SATAIII drive which was a warranty replacement for a SATA II, so I had to use this to "activate" the disk and then format the disk if memory serves me right. It has been awhile since I installed the drives and the partition tables weren't touched since then.
      CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
      Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
      Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
      Graphics Card: MSI R7770
      Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
      Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
      PSU: Corsair 520HX
      Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
      Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
      Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Hm. You know, I really never used the GUI Disk Management utility much. Instead, I preferred to manage disks from the command line with the diskpart utility. It's possible that Disk Management automatically installs the boot loader when you mark a partition as "active." If indeed that's what happens, then I think that's crazy!

Comment

Working...
        X