This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okular stopped opening PDF files

After upgrading session Okular stopped opening PDF files with the error message:
    okular(1156)/okular (app ) Okular :: DocumentPrivate :: loadGeneratorLibrary: Invalid plugin factory for "okularGenerator_poppler"!

Tried to get help from the Okular team but did not scceed.
    Anybody knows what should I do?
    Thanks

Originally posted by eyal_por View Post
    After upgrading session
    Hi and welcome to the forum. What did you upgrade? Was it KDE or other stuff? How did you do the upgrading (via package manager/ppa/source)?

A couple of things you can do:

1. Check from within Muon that you have all okular components installed. My working okular contains the following:
    Okular
    libokularcore1abi1
    okular-extra-backends
    libokularcore1

It may be that if any of those are missing from your installation that may be the issue

2. Alternatively it may be that the configuration is messed up or the old config is not compatible with the new program. Open the hidden folder home/.kde/share/config and rename the files that start with the term okular. There are 2 in mine - okularrc and okularpartrc.

Hopefully 1 or 2 will sort the problem for you.

Comment

Thank you Liquidator for your answer.
      Unfortunately, none of the above helped.
      From searching around the web it appears the problem might be with the poppler version (see my error message ).
      The upgrade was automatic by the system update. As far as I undrstand it upgraded poppler from 19 to 20.
      I did not find a way to roll it back. For the time being I use alternatively Documnt Reader and Foxit for Windows on Wine (I need annotations for text).

Comment

on my system fully updated with the standard repos and KDE-4.8.3 I have a libpoppler13 and 19 Okular depends on libpoppler-qt4-3 which depends on libpoppler19

what ver of KDE are you on ? and do you have any non standard repos/ppa's in your source lists.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          on my system fully updated with the standard repos and KDE-4.8.3 I have a libpoppler13 and 19 Okular depends on libpoppler-qt4-3 which depends on libpoppler19

what ver of KDE are you on ? and do you have any non standard repos/ppa's in your source lists.
          VINNY
          I have KDE-4.8.3 and libpoppler-qt4-3 with dependencies include libpoppler25.
          I do have some non standart repos such as wine and google.

Comment

Working...
          X