This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox Integration That Just Works

I have tried so many things like using kdeconfig with the custom firefox build from šumski, I have tried the Oxygrn KDE Addon/Theme for firefox, I have tried hacking the userchrome.css in my firefox profile folder, I have tried using system colors option, not using system colors, and any combination of these options and setting with in these options, but I simply can not find a way to resolve black on black and white on white text issues. I don;t suppose there is a method that "just works" is there? Does any one have any other suggestions? I am wondering if it would be easier to use IceWeasel rather then tweaking firefox for days...
    Last edited by Xplorer4x4; Jun 15, 2012, 05:34 AM.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics Card: MSI R7770
    Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
    PSU: Corsair 520HX
    Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
    Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
    Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

have you all kde-gtk2 and kde-gtk3 themes/dependencies installed and setup correct?

edit; you'll find them in settings > application appearance > GTK style

b.r

Jonas
    Last edited by Jonas; Jun 15, 2012, 06:03 AM.
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
      have you all kde-gtk2 and kde-gtk3 themes/dependencies installed and setup correct?
      Hey Johnas, thanks for a response. Unfortunately this question is a bit vague imo. What do you define as all kde themes, decencies, and settings?
      Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
        I simply can not find a way to resolve black on black and white on white text issues.
        This specific issue may be related to specific theme that you use. That's why other users may don't have the same problem. I suggest contacting the author of the theme.

Comment

Perhaps you're experiencing the symptoms described in Launchpad bug 951725.

Comment

Originally posted by gnomek View Post
            This specific issue may be related to specific theme that you use. That's why other users may don't have the same problem. I suggest contacting the author of the theme.
            Well, I dont know who the author is. I can not find any repo or git or anything for the theme Zion(reversed), but in my search to find one, I did find this was actually a bug in the trunk version used at the time of compile and has sense been fixed! Problem is I still can not find where to obtain an updated version of the theme from? If any one can link me I would greatly apreciate it!

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            Perhaps you're experiencing the symptoms described in Launchpad bug 951725.
            If I understand, that is related to Nvidia cards. I have an ATI. Plus the problem has been persistent across reboots, but thank you for the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
              Hey Johnas, thanks for a response. Unfortunately this question is a bit vague imo. What do you define as all kde themes, decencies, and settings?
              Firefox is a GTK application that may look odd in Qt based KDE environment. Setting up the kde-gtk may solve this problem. I'm not certain this is your specific issue - but I know that I messed up my FF (& other GTK apps, GIMP etc) when I was tinkering with GTK widget styles.

H.t.h

b.r

Jonas
              EDIT; those pics became horribly downsized - hard to see anything from them ... what I think you may be missing is either of these packages. My guess is that you might miss gtk3-engines-ogygen (?)
              Code:
              jonas@kubuntu:~$ apt-cache search kde-gtk
              kde-gtk-config - Configures the GTK look&feel in your system.
              jonas@kubuntu:~$ apt-cache search oxygen-gtk
              gtk2-engines-oxygen - Oxygen widget theme for GTK+-based applications
              gtk2-engines-oxygen-git - Oxygen widget theme for GTK+-based applications
              gtk3-engines-oxygen-git - Oxygen-Gtk is a port of the default KDE widget theme (Oxygen), to gtk
              gtk3-engines-oxygen - Oxygen-Gtk is a port of the default KDE widget theme (Oxygen), to gtk
              jonas@kubuntu:~$

Click image for larger version

Name:	theme_sett-pic01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	639986 system settings - application appearance

Name:	theme_sett-pic03.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	639984 GTK themes / widget styles

Name:	theme_sett-pic02.jpg
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	639985 GTK searchpaths
              Last edited by Jonas; Jun 16, 2012, 10:59 AM.
              ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
              Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
              Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
              Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
              - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
              >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
              X