This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

displays, how do they work?

I have two monitors, both different resolutions. but in ubuntu unity it automatically set it up, and i cant seem to customize ANYTHING about it.

under display settings it says "unknown" resolution 3280x1200, rotation normal.

i cant change any of that, and it just shows a hyper widescreen monitor instead of the two individual monitors... yet in use correcltly displays 2 copies of a wallpaper on the monitors. even detect displays button doesnt do anything.

this is a big problem because there is a 2 inch gap or so on my left monitor down where i cant see! if my mouse goes down there i can grab icons or programs, but its a guessing game cause i cant see that part, and cant seem to scroll down too it either like say a VNC session running different resolutions where you simply slide around the display if its bigger.

second, i cant get seperate wallpapers for each monitor.

third, my left monitor is widescreen and can do 120hz... my right screen is not wide, and is only 60hz.

i did not have a problem until i upgraded from pre unity version, i dont recall the name or version.

Hi there. Youd probably get much better responses posting at Ubuntu Forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/

This forum is for Kubuntu, which doesnt use Unity.

Comment

i have kubuntu too and the same problem exists, atleast there it will display display 1 and display 2, but still only has 1 giant resolution set as a single space instead of two unique monitors.

Comment

What graphics card do you have?

Comment

Working...
        X