This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel icon text

It really disturbs me that text is immediately shown, for example when I put my cursor over volume icon, it instanly shows the volume settings. Is it possible to set it so it shows later?
    Attached Files

idk if you can change the popup time but you can disable those tooltips completely. look in system settings->workspace behavor->workspace and uncheck "show infomational tips"
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

*tests*

For me there is a noticeable delay, like a quarter of a second. Whereas if you already have an info window showing and you move the mouse to the next icon, the transition is immediate.
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
        *tests*

For me there is a noticeable delay, like a quarter of a second. Whereas if you already have an info window showing and you move the mouse to the next icon, the transition is immediate.
        i noticed the same thing , but i only tried it in the system tray widget portion of my panel.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Here, it's immediate. I do wish this particular setting had greater configurability (is that a word? It should be). I normally want to see these tips, except when I'm maneuvering the mouse near the bottom of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
            idk if you can change the popup time but you can disable those tooltips completely. look in system settings->workspace behavor->workspace and uncheck "show infomational tips"
            The pop up time can be set anywhere from 'Instant' to 'Extremely Slow' in System Settings > Desktop Effects, under the General tab "Animation Speed".
            However as SecretCode said with the notification bubble already showing, moving from one icon to the next remains instant.
            It was Shuttleworth who insisted 'Ayatana Notifications' be designed for "seamless" transitions for the sys_tray a few releases back on Ubuntu.
            Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Configurability is definitely a word! ... even if the spelling dictionary doesn't know it (but does know reconfigurability ...?)

I see that the animation speed setting changes the speed of fading-in of the notification bubble more than the delay before it starts fading in.
              I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

bra|10n, this sort of solves my question, but it would be nicer if animation when the cursor goes away is instant.

Comment

Working...
                X