This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin Password

I recently purchased a used PC from a charitable organization with Kunbuntu OS and software. I have never used this software and am anxious to learn about it so I can use the new PC effectively. I am attempting download a browser (google chrome) and flash player (adobe). I am being prompted for an admin password before I can download, is there a default admin password?

I don think so, maybe the last person set it to blank; but most likely you'll want to do a clean install
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Thanks, have not tried blank yet.

Comment

Blank did not work. All the files have been wiped, it appears that it has been partitioned. Seems odd that that the admin password would be retained. Oh well, I will try a clean install.

Comment

I concur with jpenguin's suggestion. There's no way for you to really know what's on that PC. Start clean.

Comment

Wait a minute, guys: OP, are you sure it's not asking for *YOUR* password? Please post exactly what it says.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
            X