X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem : "Output: Generic HD-Audio, ATI HDMI (HDMI Audio Output)"

Hi Everybody.

i'm new to kubuntu, after installation of kubuntu, everything was ok, then on sudden there is no sound, and i get this message after every start:

KDE detected that one or more of its internal devices were removed.
    Do you want KDE forgets these devices permanently?
    Here is the list of devices KDE thinks that to be removed:
    Output: Generic HD-Audio, ATI HDMI (HDMI Audio Output)

I have no idea how to solve this problem, i wish there is a solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Kubuntu release : 10.04
    KDE Version : 4.4.5
    Grub Version : 0.97-29ubuntu60.10.04.2
    Desktop PC
    CPU Intel, 32-bit, 64-bit
    ATI Radeon HD 5450, 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Device 68f9
    Last edited by samitekken; Feb 06, 2012, 12:53 PM.

I'm no expert; and sound can be tricky. Did you install the ATI binary blob driver just before this happened? Try every sound device in SystemSetings, and do an lspci to make sure it's not a hardware problem.

This is up to you, but why 10.04? Are you trying to stick with LTS? 11.10 is stable, and 12.04 LTS is in devel; you could upgrade to 11.10, then in a few months upgrade to 12.04 LTS. The FOSS driver for you 5450 might be much improved in 11.10, in which case you would need the binary blob...
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
      I'm no expert; and sound can be tricky. Did you install the ATI binary blob driver just before this happened? Try every sound device in SystemSetings, and do an lspci to make sure it's not a hardware problem.

This is up to you, but why 10.04? Are you trying to stick with LTS? 11.10 is stable, and 12.04 LTS is in devel; you could upgrade to 11.10, then in a few months upgrade to 12.04 LTS. The FOSS driver for you 5450 might be much improved in 11.10, in which case you would need the binary blob...
      i tried to install 11.10, but when installation was done successfully, i removed LiveCd and hit enter to restart
      but after restart, kubuntu didn't boot, no boot list, it just boot automatically into Windows 7.

and the problem of sound, it happened before i install the ATI binary blob driver
      i even reinstalled kubuntu again, sound works at first then later it start the same problem, even if i don't install anything.

Thank you jpenguin.

Comment

I suspect the system is unsure which of the two sound cards to use. Why don't you open Phonon, and select your Generic HD Intel soundcard as the default? Failing that, try to remove and restore your sound card module.
        Code:
        sudo modprobe -r snd_hda_intel 
        sudo modprobe snd_hda_intel

Comment

Now i'm trying to find solution to install 11.10 and make it boot
          so when i'm done with it, i'll write you here again to tell you if the sound card works or not.

Thank you lo_koraco

Comment

Working...
          X