This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with OpenGL

Ok, so I've been driving myself nuts trying to get compiz effects to work in gnome 3 shell on my radeon hd 4250 to no effect, so I gave up and switched to kubuntu 11.10. I have fglrx 12.1 installed, and when I first installed it and rebooted, kde was very slow and windows had trails and nothing was working right. I then played around with some settings and switched to xrender from OpenGL, which stops the glitchiness. However when
    I try and go back to openl for testing it gives me an error and says it cannot switch back. What am I doing wrong? Is it just the ati drivers? I'm not too versed in Linux only joining this month. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I see no replies yet ... and I probably can't help either but can try

How did you do the switch from xrender to opengl?

What is your card model (output of lspci will tell you) and do you have any proprietary drivers loaded for it? (In fact ... is that what fglrx is?)

And what is the output of glxinfo|grep OpenGL?

Originally posted by Africantreebass View Post
    I'm not too versed in Linux only joining this month.
    If you've got any hesitation about running shell commands and copying output to the forum, just say
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

The FOSS drivers work great with my Radeon HD 4890, but FGLRX never gave me those kings of errors; but switching may actually improve compatibility...
      Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
      X