X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to a remote computer

Hi,
    I would like to get access to a remote computer via Internet. My computer runs with kubuntu and the remote computer runs with ubuntu. So, I would like to see the desktop of the remote computer on my screen to help somebody with the remote computer. I think I have to install a VPN. Is that right? How do I have to configure the remote computer with ubuntu OS? And how do I have to configure the VPN connection (Gateway, Login, Password, etc.) on my computer?
    Kind regards,
    Sigurd

Re: Access to a remote computer

VNC is probably what you are thinking of. ubuntu has a built-in remote desktop application that you can use, and in Kubuntu you would use the tool KRDC to connect (or any VNC viewer for that matter)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/ubuntu-...ble-dead-easy/

Comment

Thank you very much. That was helpful. Problem solved.
      Best regards,
      Sigurd

Comment

Hi,
        Problem not yet solved. I did everything as recommended above. But KRDC did not connect. The address has to be name@host. I got the name (an IP number and a name). I guess the IP number is always different because it is a private connection to the provider vodafone with a dynamic IP address. But I guess the name is always the same. The problem: What is the host name of vodafone?
        Regards,
        Sigurd

Comment

I use Teamviewer to connect to my computers. Because I have an andriod phone I can even connect to my computers through my Sprint Evo all for free.
          Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Comment

Hi,
            This looks like a solution. At least I could connect to one of their servers. And it worked. Now I have to install it on the computer of my acquaintance that i may be able to help her. I am hopeful.
            Thank you, Sigurd

Comment

Working...
            X