• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add class files

Kubuntu version 10.04
    KDE version: 4.4.5
    Grub version: 0.9

Q1: When I open the file and try to add extra class files into the folder the class file goes into the other class file that It is hovering over when I put it in.

Q2: This one should be pretty simple. How do I drag multiple class files at once into another file?

Re: How to add class files

I think some additional information is needed here, kingkong, your description is pretty vague.

What file are you opening? A class file, a jar, a zip, a tar, etc.?
    By 'class' files I assume you mean Java .class files?
    What kind of file are you trying to drag "multiple class files' into?
    What program are you using to drag them into?

A little background information will help your questions get answered

Cheers
    Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

Yes I mean Java class files.
      I am opening a Executable Jar File with Ark and taking class files from a zip file and moving them to the Executable Jar File.

Comment

The Jar support for Ark is kind of iffy... it will add a file, but usually to the root of the Jar (ie, not folders/directories within).

The best way is to extract the Jar file using Ark to a new directory, put the files where you want them, then re-compress the files/directories into a Jar file. At least until Ark gets that sorted out.

Keep in mind though that some programs that come as a .jar file, check the MD5 sum of the file to make sure it's not corrupt or has missing/added files. So it's not guaranteed to work.
        Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion!!!! When I was going to reply and try to your comment my dad came in and did exactly what you said and fixed it. Thank you for your help !

Comment

Working...
          X