This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED THANKS How do I remove Rekonq or make it NOT default. SOLVED THANKS

Rekonq crashes every time I use it. I am unable to remove it using Muon Package Manager. When I attempt to remove rekonq, including purge, I get the error message:

Download failed - Muon ... '

Could not download packages

Example of my problem. When I get an email message to transfer to a specific website, the address is not always included, just perhaps a 'click here' option. When I click on the click here option, my system opens rekonq as default followed by a resulting browser crash, which disables me from getting to the location I am being forwarded. I have been unable to find a place to change the default to another browser, and I am unable to remove rekonq. I have been unable to find a way to configure either Konqueror or Firefox as my default browser in either of their preferences or configuration files.

Using a konsole, I get the following error:

[color=red]steven@Yeshuah:~$ sudo rm rekonq
    [sudo] password for steven:
    rm: cannot remove `rekonq': No such file or directory

Thanks for any help.

Re: How do I remove Rekonq or make it NOT default.

Your "rm" command is the one to remove files in the current directory on your computer. You have to use apt (since muon isn't apparently able to take care of it).

In your konsole window:

Code:
    sudo apt-get purge rekonq

Comment

In System Settings / Default Applications you can set just that.
      Plus the mail client you use probably has a similar setting to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        Your "rm" command is the one to remove files in the current directory on your computer. You have to use apt (since muon isn't apparently able to take care of it).

In your konsole window:

Code:
        sudo apt-get purge rekonq
        Thanks, my friend. You may notice above that I tried 'rm', I feel a bit foolish for not then trying 'purge'. It worked great.

Comment

Working...
        X