X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Messed up fonts

Hi everyone!
    So my brother was on my computer playing Minecraft while I wasn't around. I returned to find that all the fonts used by KDE had turned ridiculously small. I imagine he must have been fiddling around with my computer and messed up my settings. >
    So I went to Fonts in System Settings to change them back to a readable size. When I changed them to a size readable in the preview, they became too large on my screen after I clicked apply. So then I clicked the button to return them to default size. Now, they're too small! Can someone help me through this? I'm thoroughly confused!

Thanks,

Harry

Re: Messed up fonts

My fonts often mess up, I play with kde settings far too much!, anyway I usually get them back to something pretty useable by going to the font settings as you did, hitting the "adjust all fonts" button at the bottom i.e not adjusting the fonts one by one, and ticking the three little boxes at the top of each column in the menu that pops up, and selecting a font that will pretty much work say the "ubuntu" font, choosing "regular" as the style and about "10" for the size, then click "ok" I also set the "force fonts DPI" to 96, I think that's disabled by default, click apply, log out & then back in and the fonts are usually readable for me, then you can go back to the font settings and adjust each one individually, I do as I don't like the ubuntu font.

Hope this helps

Comment

Re: Messed up fonts

Thanks pasti! That worked for me

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Messed up fonts

I like to keep my fonts one size smaller than default. A few moments ago I was in System Settings and I changed Date and Time to grab the time automatically. Something crashed and threw a brief dialog that quickly disappeared. Then all my fonts returned to the default size. Weird...

Comment

Working...
        X