X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTorrent Stalled

Hi all,

I have issue with KTorrent and private trackers.
    That is, torrents from those trackers don't download, they get Status: Stalled!

Since 98.5% occasions I use private trackers, that is big problem!
    Really need your help!

But, if I download something from public trackers (tried thepiratebay.org) everything is fine.
    So what is the issue? And how can I fix it?

I also posted my problem in Ubuntu Forums and KTorrent forums. Haven't found fix...

Private trackers I use --->
    Attached Files

Re: KTorrent Stalled

I'm seeing the same issues while using torrents programs in Kubuntu in general...

Ktorrent or Qbittorrent has the same issues from time to time where all torrent files in the queue will not start downloading at all... the issue resolves itself sometimes but I have no idea what is causing this glitch or what I did to solve it (because most of times I'm not doing anything other than just shutting the program down and coming back to it a day or so later).

I've tried downloading from different sites and from both private & public trackers but get the same issue (where I get zero traffic in or out from multiple sites on multiple trackers). It could be that all sites that I'm using are down exactly at the same time for the same duration, but seems hard to believe.

If anyone knows what the issue is, any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank You.

Comment

@gigenieks
      I think your prob is the black listed port (6881-the default for most torrent clients)

go to Ktorrent,s settings and change the port to something higher (43876-random #) or set to use a random port at eatch restart of the program ...........

use the upnp plugin to have the port forded through your router if your router supports upnp and make sure you have upnp enabled in the router.

@13east
      this may be your problem as well change the default port in your torrent program and make sure it's getting forded through your router

once set up properly I have NEVER had a problem with Ktorrent in Kubuntu from ver 9.10 to current 8)

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'm with vinny on this one. Private trackers will not accept the use of the standard port.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

@vinnywright:

I have always used non-default tcp&udp port for torrent; although I have not set my torrent programs to randomize ports on every start-up, it is in the 60k range and it is properly forwarded on both my ADSL-modem and wireless router. My current setup for torrents has been use for years and I have not seen this issue until Kubuntu 11.04.

Like i mentioned earlier, I get excellent speed w/in full capabilities of my ISP service at times. But there are times that all connections in and out of computer is stalled/queued for a random duration.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
            go to KTorrent's settings and change the port to something higher (43876-random #)
            or set to use a random port at eatch restart of the program
            I changed port to 43876 and it worked.

As far as I checked KTorrent has no option for "use a random port at each restart"
            Or am I blind?

Comment

Originally posted by gigenieks

As far as I checked KTorrent has no option for "use a random port at each restart"
              Or am I blind?
              you are correct Ktorrent dose not have that option :P ........that is a different client

however I would still change it every so often as ISP's will start throttling the port when thay see a lot of torrent traffic on it

O and glad you got it sorted out

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
              X