Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Disappearing windows when minimised to taskbar.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Disappearing windows when minimised to taskbar.

Running Kubuntu 10.10 : 2.6.35-24
    Since installing this latest kernel, no matter which app' is running, when clicking to minimize the window (or should that be panel?) to the task-bar the window/panel just disappears out of site with no clue (to me) as to where its residing.
    For example, after minimizing to infinity, if I reselect the app' such as Mozilla, it brings up a new version just showing the home page and no other active tabs. However, if I do a shutdown and restart, Mozilla re-appears automatically with all the previous tabs open.
    Also, on shutdown a bug reporting window opens saying that "Nepomuk Service Stub closed unexpectedly" and "signal: segmentation fault." Could this be part of the same problem or yet another problem?
    Could someone please advise me on how to correct this/these?
    Many thanks in advance and Season's greetings to all.
    Roj

Re: Disappearing windows when minimised to taskbar.

it sounds to me like you have removed the "task mananger" widget from your panel. you can re add it by clicking on the cashew on the panel and selecting addwidget, its called "task manager". after you add it back to your panel be sure to lock the widgets. since if you try to right click on a process that is not quite started it will give you the option to remove the task manager widget (locking will prevent changes to the widgets untill you unlock them again) good luck
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Disappearing windows when minimised to taskbar.

SOLVED.
      Many thanks sithlord48.
      Best wishes.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Disappearing windows when minimised to taskbar.

seems no matter what I've messed up, I can come here and find the answer! I did the same thing, and it was driving me CRAZY!! Thanks sithlord48! and roj for asking the question!

Comment

Working...
        X