[SOLVED] wifi problems

New User
    Running :
    Ubuntu with Linux 2.6.32-25-generic
    Kubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
    KDE 4.4.2
    grub Version: 0.97-29Ubuntu
    Hardware: Dell Precision Intel M90 Laptop

I do much traveling. When I stop some where with free wifi, I must boot to windows and copy the SSID i am connected to. Then boot back to Kubuntu
    And add a new Wireless Network, Type in the full SSID and select Connect automatically. (scan in Kubuntu does not show the full SSID)Then I must boot once more and it will connect about half the time.

Is there some way I can configure the settings to just jump on anything insecure that is available?
    Another question What is BSSID in Kubuntu wireless network settings ?
    Is it first 6 digets of SSID ? MAC Address ?

Re: wifi problems

Wifi Radar? Available from repository.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Link to Repository ?

Comment

Link? No link.

Connect to the internet, open a Terminal and issue the command: sudo apt-get install wifi-radar

See "Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers" - http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0
        scroll down to Question #11a
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

(SOLVED) Thank you. I like the apt. Shows connection and BSSID you are connected to. Like it better than windows.

Comment

Working...
          X