This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]10.10 mic not working

I did a fresh install but the Mic is not working, it was working on ubuntu from 8 up to the last 10.04, sorry I'm new to Kubuntu and don't know where to find a way to have the Mic working again

Thanks to all
    Paolo
    8)

Re: 10.10 mic not working

On your panel, find the kmix icon -- looks like a speaker. Click it, and click the "mixer" button. When the mixer opens, click "Settings" and then "Configure Channels" -- this will open a pair of windows. Your current channels are on the right, and other possible channels are on the left. In the left pane you will probably see multiple "mic" choices -- try dragging the one that only says "mic" from the left to the right pane, and click "OK". Now you will see it on the main mixer window, and it is likely set to "mute". Unmute it, move the slider up to 80% or so, and close the mixer.

Now, you may need to close browsers and sound devices, or even shut down KDE with Ctrl-Alt-F1, log in to the console, issue
    Code:
    sudo service kdm stop
    and then
    Code:
    sudo service kdm start
    and log back in to get back to a desktop with the mic working correctly.

Comment

You may also have to do some tinkering with pulseaudio. If the above suggestion doesn't work, post back and we'll go though the pulseaudio stuff.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Thanks to both of you, as doctor said the mixer don't show any mic i can see only the Audio and the Radeon ( wich is on the left side ), what is pulseaudio ??

SOLVED
        installed pavucontrol and found the setting I need to make the mic working
        Again Thanks to all

Comment

Working...
        X