This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trash in the Dolphin Manager

wow...this is weird...i right click on the trash icon and the selections i see are: Copy Paste Edit Navigate Show Full Path no selection for EMPTY....

And yet, when the trash has been full before, i think when i right clicked i had that option...except i am not seeing it now (the trash isn't full, by the way)...Do you only get that selection on there when it is full? Is that the reason i am not seeing it right now? I'm running Mint 9 KDE which is the same as Kubuntu 10.04, by the way...

If that isn't the reason...this is a real mystery to me..because i know i have been able to empty it when it was full...
    I think i use to right click on the Trash Icon to do that and yet now it doesn't seem to be there

Any solutions? suggestions?

Re: Trash in the Dolphin Manager

Originally posted by craig10x
    I'm running Mint 9 KDE which is the same as Kubuntu 10.04, by the way...
    Wrong, Mint 9 is not the same as Kubuntu, they changed quite a lot of things there (and not for good with some).
    These vast modifications are also the reason why Mint isn't combatible with Kubuntu anymore, and why you must not use Kubuntu repositories on Mint, because that would cause massive breakage. Same goes for Launchpad repositories, do not use them on Mint either!

As for your problem, you'd better ask on the Mint forum:
    http://forums.linuxmint.com/
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

I do get that impression...though i don't think they make any changes on the dolphin file manager as far as i can see...
      I was actually thinking about switching to Kubuntu 10.10 when the final edition comes out on 10/10, as i did run the live cd of the beta and was rather impressed (a lot of improvements were made on kpackagekit among other things and it ran very smooth and bug free)...

I did ask in the Mint Forums, but so far no really good suggestions...

edit: have since discovered that i can empty my trash by doing this: "select all" then holding down the shift key and pressing the delete key on my keyboard...that will do it...

but if anyone has any idea of why i am not seeing the "delete" selection when i right click on the "Trash" icon in Dolphin manager, please let me know...thanks

Comment

If, as you say, you are running Linux Mint, then why are you posting here in KFN, which is a member forum for Kubuntu Linux?

Regardless, as you have said you run Linux Mint, I'm locking this post. Please post your Linux Mint questions in the Linux Mint Forums.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X