This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-Mail Question...

I was just curious...is there a way to set K-mail so that it checks for messages every few minutes? I do have the box checked that has it check for new messages automatically when i open K-mail...And i know you can check at any time manually of course, by hitting the "check for new mail" button..
    But how about as far as having it check automatically at a certain time interval?

If so, where would that setting be located? I didn't see anything for that...when i was on gnome and using Evolution, there was a setting exactly for that purpose...

Thanks

Re: K-Mail Question...

If you go into k-mail settings and click on your account settings->edit (or similar, mine is in german) it should be right on the first panel at the bottom.

I hope this helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Settings > Accounts > Receiving > Modify... > General > Check Interval:
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks guys! That did it
        Don't know why i didn't think to look in the account settings section for that...it was probably in the same place on the evolution mail....I liked evolution a lot but since coming to kde and trying K-Mail i have really become very fond of it...very nice looking and it is faster then evolution too...

Appreciate the help...very friendly and helpful group you have here...smaller then the Mint forums but very responsive...
        I am on Linux Mint 9 KDE...but as i am sure you know, that is the mintified version of Kubuntu 10.04

Comment

Happy to have been of assistance.

KFN is a 'smaller' community than many others. But our 'smaller' size has advantages, mostly, as you point out, responsiveness here is high. We, the members of KFN, take pride in that.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X