This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

media device/player HECK!

I have tried Banshee, Amarok 2.3.2, Amarok 1.4.10, Pana 1.4.17, Songbird and a few others. I HAVE YET to find one that works really well.

Can someone PLEASE recommend one that works with:
    1Gb Zen Stone
    Sandisk Sansa VUZE
    1 Gb Ipod shuffle (2nd generation)

Thanks,

Re: media device/player HECK!

I cant seem to get amarok to properly work with my ipod shuffle 2gig. That being said, I downloaded Banshee and installed podsleuth, and voila, it works. Rhythmbox worked with my ipod as well with podsleuth, however I have been trying to maintain a KDE system, but the ipod problem has forced me to use banshee and mono. Its a shame amarok seems to dislike the Ipod. Hope that helps, if not, Im just a newbie trying to help someone out

Comment

Re: media device/player HECK!

I have been using Sansas for the past number of years, currently a Vuze. I seldom have luck using the MTP protocol, but setting the devices USB mode to MSC shows them as removable drives and I use them with Amarok and gpodder with no issue.

heck I haven't tried it in 10.10, but I just switched my fuze over to mtp mode, and both amarok and gpodder are having no problems with the device.

The problem is, for iPods, all the programs are using the same libraries to access the device so if one app does not work, it is likely most won't work.

Same thing for mtp devices.

Comment

Working...
      X