This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] No sound on youtube ?!

I checked the sound mixer and it's fine.
    I can also listen to music with Amarok just fine.
    The only problem is that when I go to youtube and play some video I can't hear a thing
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    ElWray
    Core 2 Quad Q6600<br />4 GB RAM<br />GeForce 9800 GTX<br />Hitachi Deskstar 1TB<br />Seagate 250 GB<br /><br />Triple-booting Gentoo, Crunchbang &amp; Windows 7

Re: No sound on youtube ?!

Hi...

What version of Kubuntu are you using? Also, what browser and version of flash player are you using to access YouTube with? 32 or 64 bit OS and browser?

Regards...
    Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
    How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
    PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

Did you turn up the PCM volume? Normally, I have to turn it WAY up before I can hear anything on Youtube.
      Running Kubuntu 10.04 LTS 32bit on an EeePC netbook (model: 1005HAB).&nbsp; <br /><br />Found the following image online and thought it was funny:<br />

Comment

Lucid 10.04, 64bit, with Google Chrome, and...PCM?
        Core 2 Quad Q6600<br />4 GB RAM<br />GeForce 9800 GTX<br />Hitachi Deskstar 1TB<br />Seagate 250 GB<br /><br />Triple-booting Gentoo, Crunchbang &amp; Windows 7

Comment

Open alsaconf in a konsole (sudo alsaconf) and when it comes up hit F5 to show all controls. (You still may have to arrow left or right to see sliders that are off the screen.) Look for one marked "pcm" and another marked "digital". Slide them both up to around 95%. "PCM" is almost always there, but "digital" is sometimes missing. When you exit the app your settings will be saved.

Open KMixer and go to the channel configuration and see if "pcm" and/or "digital" are now showing. Add them to the active side of the config panel and save it.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

sudo: alsaconf: command not found

where did i go wrong?

P.S.: Kubuntu has been freshly reinstalled so nothing should be wrong with it (I haven't had this problem first time I installed it)

Comment

Similar things happened to me and it seems that PCM is turned all the way down even on a new install. To turn it on I usually click KMix (the little speaker button in the tray), then click mixer then in the mixer window there is a PCM channel already there. I just have to unmute or turn the volume all the way up on the PCM channel and it works right. If PCM isn't already there, in the mixer window click Settings --> Configure Channels. Then on the left it should say PCM somewhere, and drag that over to the right side. Then turn the volume up/unmute.
              Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Debian Sid (KDE 4.5.3)/Mac OS X 10.6.3<br />*Intel Pentium SU2700 @ 1.3GHz, 3 gig DDR3 RAM, Intel GMA x4500*<br /><br />Custom Desktop - Kubuntu 10.10 (KDE 4.6.1)<br />*2x Dual-Core Intel Xeon @3.2GHz, 3 gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT*<br /><br />iPod Touch 4th Gen - iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)<br />*

Comment

Originally posted by ElWray
                where did i go wrong?
                The problem is MINE! I should have told you "alsamixer". Sorry
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

No problem

That solved it.

Thanks a lot,
                  ElWray

Comment

Working...
                  X