Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new install all harwares is operational but.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new install all harwares is operational but.......

i just did a fresh install from windows 7 ultimate. everything seems to be working, sound video usb hard drive, etc.

but i have TWO problems thus far.....

1. i cant hear anything when trying to play from amorok. when a playlist is created it flys through the songs in one second with not one sound.

2. how do i make my usb hard drive mount automatically everytime i turn on the machine? this is where ive stored my media
    AMDx2 64  3.1ghz - 2gb ram @800mhz - nvidia geforce 512gb - Kubuntu 10.04 64bit

Re: new install all harwares is operational but.......

i forgot to add that my wireless adapter (netgear wg111v3) has no signals so im offline

the player doesnt even play the song..... so theres no way i would hear anything. i press play and it switches to a pause button and back to the play button

Comment

Originally posted by logikism
      i forgot to add that my wireless adapter (netgear wg111v3) has no signals so im offline
      http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=wg111v3

As far as the sound issue, check in KGear --> Settings --> Systemsettings and under Multimedia check your sound drivers to see what you have and what order they are in. Tell us what you have shown.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

i have sound. when machine boots the 'welcome' sound rings but amorok wont play my files. it attempts to play the immediately stops then no error message.

i know that in ubuntu you must get codecs, might this be the reason?

also my wg111 works but i think its too far away but thatnks for the help!

Comment

Try installing "kubuntu-restricted-extras" that should help Amarok. I seem to remember that Amarok would automatically detect if the necessary files are installed that allow it to play mp3s, if that is the file format you are having issue with.

Comment

thanks moonrise but im totally new to this and its not exactly the same as ubuntu. i reached the software sources and didnt see 'unsupported' anything. i did get a message saying to install a couple things and when i did it told me they are already installed.

dont forget im offline, im on my mac now.

also any tutorial on getting my usb drive to mount automatically each start up?

Comment

ok it want flash, video codecs and audio codecs installed and when i click install it says theyre already installed. what am i doing wrong? everytime i open a file from its location amorok opens and displays the msg.

Comment

If you have not, you need to add the Medibuntu repository and install the required packages. See HOWTO: Add the Medibuntu Repository and GPG Key
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If you aren't connected to the Internet you need to. I know that Amarok may be reporting things are installed, but you still need the above and it wouldn't hurt to follow what Snowhog posted.

Comment

well what that means wait till payday to get a better wireless adapter!!!!

any suggestions?

ie; ones that are ''plug and play'' and have better reception that my current netgear wg111v3. my linksys router is in the front room and machine is in back room. its about 20 feet away and thru 2 or 3 walls.

its weird because my macbook and my hp lappy work fine outside further than the back room and have a medium signal but this piece of crap netgear has always been crappy.

Comment

none really

Comment

SithLord48 pointed me to an awesome wireless router, a TP-Link TR-WL1043ND. Seventy feet away from it, through three walls it give twice the power that my Linksys WRT54GL does. It also has a LOT more configuration capability to it. Amazing wireless router.
                        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
                          SithLord48 pointed me to an awesome wireless router, a TP-Link TR-WL1043ND. Seventy feet away from it, through three walls it give twice the power that my Linksys WRT54GL does. It also has a LOT more configuration capability to it. Amazing wireless router.
                          dont need the router need a usb adapter for my machine

Comment

When my Linksys WRT54G died early last year, I bought a TrendNET TEW-633GR (which promptly went out of production -- what's that tell you?). I have two netbooks, an Eee PC 4G/701 (wife's), and a Toshiba NB205. The Eee PC is older, but that Atheros RF chip does great. The Toshiba is a really nice netbook, but its wireless chip kinda sucks, compared to the Eee PC. Bottom line -- when lying on my favorite sofa and surfing with the Toshiba, the link wasn't holding up.

So, I made one of these: http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/

I made it big -- started with a 12-inch square of heavy paper, and carved the parabola out of an inch-thick piece of styrofoam. Glued it up, with aluminum foil on the backside. Next problem was to figure out which of the 3 antennas on the router was the one actually being used. A half-dozen experiments sorted that question. After I mounted the reflector on the right antenna, it took another half-dozen experiments to get it aimed correctly. But, in the end, I got my signal strength at the desired location up about 3 - 5 dB, which is the difference between dropping the link and surfing smartly. There's a photo around here somewhere, if anyone is really interested. 8)

Comment

again ill say i need a wireless adapter for my computer not a router!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X