This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [SOLVED] Nvidia driver Geforce 9600 GT

If you're using "Hardware Drivers", then you are using the nvidia-glx-xxxx packaged driver. So you aren't going to have a driver-written xorg.conf like you get when you install the downloaded driver.

You're getting great GLX performance, so I would not advise changing anything -- "Don't fix what's not broken".

p.s. Gainward? I have never heard of it -- is that a popular brand where you live?

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      p.s. Gainward? I have never heard of it -- is that a popular brand where you live?
      2. Gainward Bliss 9600GT 1024 GS
      Gainward released a unique proposal based at Nvidia 9600GT series, offering not only higher core/memory clocks but also an additional 512MB of memory on board, bringing the total memory size of 1GB! More-over, there is a new cooling system that promises to keep the card really cool. Let's see how Gainward describes this product:

"...Gainward’s award Winning Golden Sample™ Technology and High-Performance / Wide-Bandwidth™ hardware design powered by massive 1024MB version of 9600GT graphic card. Bliss 9600GT 1024MB, Equipped with stunning 700+MHz on the core clock and a super fast 1000+MHz(DDR 2000+) MHz on the memory clock, leads to an ultimate performance for enthusiasts, in addition the massive 1024MB /256bits width memory interface size can undoubtedly allow the graphics processors to achieve higher resolutions without running into memory capacity bottlenecks in games.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Wow -- that is interesting. I didn't know anyone had ever beefed up a 9600GT to that extent. Thanks!

Comment

"Google. Don't leave home without it."
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X