X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't view files in one folder on Windows hard drive

Hello everyone!

I've decided to start to use Linux and I'm trying out different versions. To do that I currently have Kubuntu on a USB drive and Windows 7 with all my filed are on the computers hard drive. It all works very well, except for one tiny problem. One of the folders on the hard drive has no content when viewed in Kubuntu. So far I've been able to find everything else I've been looking for on the hard drive, so it's just one folder that's empty. The content should be some folders and images. Any ideas what the reason for this is?

Thanks so much for any help!

Re: Can't view files in one folder on Windows hard drive

Using Dolphin, Kubuntu's file manager, click on the folder in question. Then, on the menu bar, click View > Show Hidden Files

Are they then visible?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I know what the problem is now. I'm from Sweden so I had used Swedish characters (å, ä, ö) in some of the filenames and foldernames. It would be nice to know how to make Kubuntu able to see those characters when used on the hard drive too, but I'm not going to think more about it until I decide which Linux distribution I want to use permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by orange_angel

I had used Swedish characters (å, ä, ö) in some of the filenames and foldernames. It would be nice to know how to make Kubuntu able to see those characters when used on the hard drive too
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=857784&page=2

Comment

Thanks! I'll look into it later.

Comment

Working...
          X