This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

configuring guest kubuntu 10.04 to internet

straight up, I've just installed kubuntu 10.04 as guest on Vista host. I also do have XP and server 2003 on the same virtual pc 2007. I've managed to join the XP onto the domain with the server 2003 and trying to do the same to the kubuntu but can't because some packages/software need to be installed. I can't download any packages from the internet, not to talk about installing these packages. Read tonnes of forum how I can install packages without internet connections but none works. Guys all i wanna do is to BE ABLE TO JOIN THIS KUBUNTU TO THE DOMAIN ON MY SERVER 2003.

Re: configuring guest kubuntu 10.04 to internet

I am not at all certain that I understand the configuration of your system -- nor some of your terminology ("join" to a domain?). I see 4 different operating systems mentioned, plus "pc 2007" -- what is that?

Generally speaking, if an ethernet interface is available, then Kubuntu will find it and be configured automatically. You should boot a Kubuntu Live CD on the intended host system to check this, before installing. If you do not have TCP/IP connectivity, then probably your host system is not providing an ethernet interface. In VMware, for example, there is a "bridge" from the host to the guest.

Sorry I can't be more specific -- maybe with more details it will be easier to understand your problem.

Comment

Working...
    X