This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom panel disappeared

I was trying to, well, I don't even remember what I was trying to do now, but anyway, my panel at the bottom disappeared. To describe what I'm talking about, like if I opened FireFox (sorry, just not a Konqueror fan)it would show FireFox down at the bottom and what ever other program I might be running. Is there anyway to get that back? Thanks!!

Re: Bottom panel disappeared

Oh, and sorry, I forgot to mention I'm running Kubuntu 10.04. Thanks again.

Comment

Are you missing the 'entire' panel, or just that part of it that showed what applications you had running? If the 'entire' panel:

Right-click on the 'cashew' in the upper-right corner of the desktop and click on Add Panel. Then, to add Task Manager (the widget that shows you your running applications), right-click on an empty area of the Panel and then mouse on Panel Options > Add Widgets... and in the Search window (the one to the upper-left with the vertical blinking cursor) type Task Manager. Then right-click and hold, then drag the Task Manger icon to the Panel and let go of the mouse button. There you are.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Worked like a charm! Thanks!!

Comment

You're welcome. You can 'save yourself from yourself' by locking widgets.

On the Panel, right-click on an empty area and select Panel Options > Lock Widgets. When you want to add/remove widgets, either Panel Widgets or Desktop Widgets, all you have to do is Unlock Widgets in the same way.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X